Windows 10 Wallpapers/Themes Discussion

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TheSubaru2012, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    No problem, just downloaded Core temp and will install it.
    I don't want to make it any harder for you then necessary... :p

2. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    There you go... and Core temp even looks prettier... lol

Attached Files:

3. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    #283 ChaserLee, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Speaking of which, do you have any desire to use a RSS reader? Most people do not, but some people like reading RSS feeds on their desktop.

Reason I ask is that rather than using a static RSS reader, like most all of the desktop readers are, I have a scrolling, single line RSS reader, that will read up to 10 news items, sequentially. The news items scroll horizontally, right to left, and continue to cycle in a continuous stream of articles.

Be advised, that this widget will significantly increase cpu usage, however, by about 10 %.... o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    No thanks, I don't use RSS... :rolleyes:

5. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Outstanding, we're good to go, then! Alright, I'll get off the forum for a while, and get to work on your theme. And if, perchance, you do want that RSS feed reader, just let me know, and it will be easy days to add it to your theme, no problem at all.

Have a great day, or night, whatever period of day the Netherlands is having at the moment. ( I could Google it, but nahhhh...) LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    OK, takes care of that, then...

Off I go. :)

7. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Thanks so much and take care.
    And enjoy... :clap:

BTW, it's around noon in the Netherlands now... ;)

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Installed Core temp with rainmeter skin from deviant art Thx for the tip on that one :hug2:

Btw I can confirm it's noon now here in holland=Netherlands :D

9. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Just found out that Core Temp is the better choise, RealTemp doesn't have that many options...

Ah, a fellow-countryman... nice... :biggrin:

10. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  11. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    #291 Evides, Sep 26, 2015
    Forgot to answer this one, my bad... :eek:

Cpu usage percentage, cpu speeds, and cpu temps are adequate, thanks..!

And of course RAM-load would be nice, but I believe you've already covered that.

12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Yeah true but I have 2 monitors so that will be fine :tea:

13. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Not noon anymore..... :biggrin: But thanks!

Glad you like Core temp. It's much easier to work with, whether you are using widgets or just using the text output to the notification area of the taskbar.

I saw the screenshot of your widget using Rainmeter. Not bad, not bad at all. Now, if you'll 'lift the hood' on that widget, and see how it works, you could probably customize it a bit, then in the process, learn how to make your own. ;)

14. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Hummm, we'll see if we can't cure you of that illness.... :p

15. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    No problem! And yes, the % of RAM used was coded into the main widget from the start, just as requested.:)

All in all, things seem to be moving along rather well, at this point. A productive morning!!

16. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    #297 Evides, Sep 26, 2015
    Lol... don't get me wrong, I just meant that I choose the taskbar over the single widget as shown above..!
    Can't wait to start using your Cortana version widget... :clap:

17. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    No problems.. :biggrin::biggrin:

Just having a bit of fun... lol

18. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
  19. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    @ Evides

Hello, hello! How goes it? I have a bit of news regarding your theme I've been working on. Not totally devastating news, but just slightly discouraging news... o_O

The thumb drive that I have been using to keep all your files on crapped out on me last night. Out of the blue, it started reporting corrupted files, and couldn't access data. Dummy me, the only things I had backed up were the original Cortana wallpaper you provided, and the base image files I was using as visuals for the widgets I had made.

Not the end of the world, mind you, but something that will delay me in getting the theme to you. It won't take near as long to re-build everything, because I had already worked out the widgets, their placement, and the basic concept of the theme. Really, all I have to do is some coding again, and put everything in place, and that will be that. At least I still have all the graphic files I made for the widgets. That will save a lot of time!

So, bear with me on this, and I should have everything done shortly.

Take care, bud! :)