Windows 10 Wallpapers/Themes Discussion

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TheSubaru2012, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    Windows 10 Technical Preview with Glass - Using DWMGlass.dll (win81_x64_alpha1) and Enableblur.exe BY BM.:biggrin:

MY Theme:

h..p://s22.postimg.org/s1rxi10kh/W10_TP_Glass.jpg

Just replace h..p with http .;)

2. encryptie

encryptie MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2013
    Could you make a tutorial on how to do this?

3. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014

I don't think there is much point in making a tutorial, as win81_x64_alpha1 has a time bomb which goes off every hour.:fear:

There are way to many steps for most user, and this is what you would need::confused:

AeroGlass:

win81_x64_alpha1
    symbols (files to download them)
    LoadAppInit_DLLs.reg
    pnukeaero.exe
    StartUp.cmd (Plus the cmds)
    StartUp.vbs (Plus the cmds)

Enableblur:

EnableBlur.exe
    Run.cmd (Plus the cmds)
    Run.vbs (Plus the cmds)

Then you would need to Taskkill dwm.exe every hour because of Time bomb.:eek:

4. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    #84 ChaserLee, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. okkaido

okkaido MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2012
    Do you could post your beautiful wallpaper of your theme?
    Its fantastic

Thanks in advance

6. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Just to be sure, I assume you are asking perre for his wallpaper, with the lightning in the sky, yes? You are not asking for me to post mine, with the Macaw, right? Just checking.....

Chaser

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. TheSubaru2012

TheSubaru2012 MDL Senior Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks for Wallpapers so far guys, they look awesome

8. double_kill

double_kill MDL Member

Oct 10, 2011
    #88 double_kill, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

Attached Files:

9. TheSubaru2012

TheSubaru2012 MDL Senior Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Looks great, thanks for the wallpaper Double Kill

10. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Is there a way to port Windows 10 Start Button and Start Menu into Windows 8.1??? Off-topic, but how do games run on Windows 10 Preview? Any driver issues? Is there a thread dedicated to such questions?

11. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Is there a Search button with Advanced features dedicated to the top right of this screen? :cool:

12. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
  13. WindowsBoy

WindowsBoy MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    Hi, this is the admin of IntoWindows.

The above posted link by XSLORD was published a couple of months before the release of Windows 10. If anyone is looking for Windows 10 Start menu for Windows 7/8 please use the ViStart program and use the theme mentioned in the following link.
    intowindows.com/download-exact-windows-9-start-menu-for-windows-78-1/
    Even thought URL says Windows 9, the Start menu looks identical to the one in Windows 10 TP.

14. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    I give up.......

15. xslord

xslord MDL Junior Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Point taken!

Please forgive my "ignorance", completely overlooked that the question posted, by MonarchX, was indeed tot off-topic.
    It was late and i was tired, so i didn't payed much attention to the thread, just wanted help.

Be more careful next time!

16. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    WARNING:

Don't download ViStart, unless you also want to install BS addons .:mad:

17. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    just curious if it is opt in or did you just keep clicking next next next, what? Even uTorrent and a bunch of other more popular programs are offering other installs of :censored:ware, just curious what this is doing. I will check later but no time today to mess with crapware (if indeed it is full of crap lol).

Most of the time it is like download sites, you do not use the "download managers" offered. You do not opt into crap being suggested from install routines of programs either.

18. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    #99 Ace2, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    This is how i install vistart, opened vistart/install/Cancel/Yes/Cancel/Yes/Cancel/Yes/Cancel/Yes/OK and it still installed some BS addons.:mad:

NOTES:
    Disable internet to stop vistart downloading addons, and vistart will not install at all.:confused:

19. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    You know what, I should be the one apologizing to you. I'm not a Mod on this forum, and I'm not one of the group of 'Forum Police', so I shouldn't have stuck my nose in to say what I said in the first place. If it doesn't bother the Moderator of this forum, why should it bother me? From what I've seen, threads get hijacked a lot on this forum, and it seems to be policy that it's fine to do so.

So, I'm the one who has learned, and I'm the one who will say "Point taken". I need to learn that a thread that starts off with the topic of say, how to install VMware, can easily be hijacked into a thread about how to update the video drivers for XXXX brand of video card.

These are, after all, just words on a screen, and do not affect my day-to-day life in any way, except when I learn something. Other than that, what gives me the right to be concerned with the structure of threads on this forum??

Chaser