Windows 10 will not install on my Windows 7 System

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by rewalston, Sep 14, 2015.

1. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i give u a A+ for effort:D

2. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #142 odiebugs1, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. rewalston

rewalston MDL Junior Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #143 rewalston, Sep 18, 2015
    (OP)
  4. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #144 xinso, Sep 18, 2015
  5. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    Yes, you are right, it is on my end. So I added FYI only.

Please ignore and go ahead. I am delighted to see you being nice to lend a hand to such an issue.

6. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You're a pro, and I can never ignore a pro, I can always use more knowledge, like I said, you brought him to finding out all, wasn't me. Now, thanks to you I picked up some great tips.

7. rewalston

Sep 28, 2012
    Morning everyone, just woke up and haven't had a chance to do anything yet. FYI. The BIOS when the computer boots says AMD ACHI..windows 7 Was installed with ACHI enabled. In the BIOS. There are no IDE harddrives on this computer. I have yet to verify the changes odiebugs1 suggested.

8. rewalston

Sep 28, 2012
    ok it's official, my computer is foobarred :rolleyes:. I tried the ACHI drivers that odiebugs1, suggested. NO matter what I tried, Windows 10 WILL NOT see my drives. FYI, Windows 7 was installed with ACHI enabled not IDE. Anyways it appears that I'm stuck with Windows 7 until I'm able to afford a new motherboard. I'm done trying with this one. Too many headaches. Anyways I want to thank odiebugs1 and xinso both for their assistance. It's been fun(ish).
    Thank you again.

Rusty

9. sneekez

sneekez MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2010
    I'd like to add that I'm a schooled Computer Science major. However real world issues are a different animal. Just about everything I've learned about PC's have come from
    forums like MDL and others. But folks like 'xinso' and 'odiebugs1' are special. And I just wanted to acknowledge them. You're GREAT. Your determination is without equal except
    for what I believe is your love for all things computer. And people should not take that lightly. You didn't have to hang in there with Rusty but you did. You are to be commended
    for your dedication and enthusiasm. I really enjoyed reading this thread. :clap:

10. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Wow, words can't describe how nice that was of you. MDL is lucky to have people like XINSO who give a 110% for nothing more than the idea of helping, and along with most everyone here seems to have a special way about them with helping others.

11. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Probably will not help but I had a client with a HP Windows 7 - upgraded to Windows 8.1 then she wanted me to upgrade it to Windows 10.
    nothing worked until this:
    yes the bios was set to AHCI
    boot to USB Media. --> Diskpart located (the only Disk = 0)--> clean --> exit
    back to command prompt then DISM /apply image - source is the USB.
    when done remove USB when it comes to Reboot and it instantly went into setup and set windows 10 - it did ask for a KEY so had to look and find a KEY to enter so it would
    install.... used KMS to Activate
    still working ok so far and that is 5 days ago... might work & might not work....

12. rewalston

Sep 28, 2012
    Got some good news. I did a search of the AHCI controller for my computer. AMD had an update for the chipset. I applied the update...and guess what?? I have Windows 10 INSTALLED...so far it looks pretty stable. Will take some getting used to but it's working. I did the upgrade from the mediatool. Everything is working like it should.

Rusty