Windows 11 Enterprise Now Defaults To Using Digital Entitlement Instead Of KMS For Fresh Installs

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by PolidelticusFire, Aug 31, 2021.

1. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    Saturday I went back to W11 Enterprise after several weeks on Linux (only because we'll soon jump to testing Nickel builds)...

As soon as I connected to the internet, I went to change the product key for the generic one to be able to activate it...

Turns out I didn't need to this time. The OS defaulted to using the HWID/Digital License instead of the KMS one (as is the norm for Enterprise SKUs...)

A welcome change.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    You used the insider iso or uup iso?

Enterprise default key is always OEM
    uup change it to KMS when creating virtual edition
    official iso use GVLK-Package or EI.CFG to change it to KMS

3. PolidelticusFire

May 7, 2020
    I used the official ISO... However up until now, Enterprise always installs using the KMS client key by default "-2YT43".
    I always had to enter Settings and replace the KMS key with the AAOEM one.
    This was even the case with the exact same ISO downloaded from MS.

It never used the OEM key by default. Nor activated on its own without my intervention.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  5. PolidelticusFire

May 7, 2020
  6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The last image is made as an additional edition of pro with the /VOLUME switch at set-edition, like this:
    Code:
    dism /Image:C:\Mount /Set-Edition:Enterprise /Channel:Volume
    This inserts the gVLKs.
    When set to the OEM channel, it will insert OEM keys and with /channel:RETAIL it will insert generic retail keys.

7. petros20041

petros20041 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2017
    You needs online kms server host (the default keys is only for installation at the computer) they're not doing activation !!!!! neither digital activation !!! HWID is only a virus on your computer !!!! approves default keys from microsoft and does digital activations !!!!!!! this is completely crazy !!!! the windows have license agreements !!!! digital keys are unique !!!! do you have a unique key? !!!! how you digitally declare that you have a unique key !!!! microsoft keeps the possibility in a update that you do not even understand because become internal not like offisial update to change them all in their normal state !!! non active !!!! they see everything !!!!! and they change everything if they want !!!! the best active for windows is KMS38 but those who are bored they use automatic activation Kms server host but turn off updates !!! and all the open ports on your windows if you can do that !!!! explorer contact with microsoft through open ports !!!! even the regestry contact with microsoft through open ports !!!! They see exactly what we activate and they deactivate it they change everything if they want it !!!! you need VL version Kms host active and stop updates FOR EVER !!!!!! if you are interested for updates deactivated make update and activated again !!!!! that too they will see it !!!! but you can not to do something else !
    the best you can do is do not do at all updates and download the next version if you are interested the next version. the other way is to have a clean installation of windows do not use it at all - copy paste and open the copy only make the updates all stop the updates and activeted with kms host server , if you see a problem with the activation or after a new update there is a problem with activation (DELETE COPY) copy paste the clean installation and open again on your virtual machine do the updates and activated again with se same online kms host. kms host servers belongs to hackers not in a microsoft !!!! did you not even know that????

8. petros20041

petros20041 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2017
    one more VmWare is in full cooperation with microsoft and corrupt VmWare after such usually the same happens with them virus corrupt VmWare he needs unistall and install again from beginning (I do not know if it happens with VirtualBox - I do not use it) I have suffered it many times the only solution I found is unistall the VmWare make restart delete all the files on c:\program data (all VMware files) c:\program file x32 or x64 (all VMware files) c:\users\user name\appdata\roaming (all VMware files) c:\users\name user\appdata\local\temp (all VmWare files) and c:\windows\temp (all vmware-SYSTEM files) log off pc open again and install again from beginning!! the only right solution if you make uninstall only restart and install again you may have the same problem again or very soon you will have exactly the same problem. with kms we have an open port to huker server without it we cannot be activated !!! in the microsoft the door does not close I think you understood !!!! ????
    This is the real problem and there is no solution !!!!!! the only solution is to buy windows !!! but the key can be activated digitally on different computers ( or virtual machines ) only 1001 times (SKU Rearm) is the maximum amount of ''rearm count'' (with the same unique key) this means..... "digital activation" 1001 actiations on the same computer or 1001 actiations on different machines (SKU was created more for computer technicians).

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I get a real heavy headache from these posts and containing info which nobody needs, considering MDL is the birthplace of KMS (emulation) and HWID generation.