Windows 11 on Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Rez Huq, Jul 6, 2021.

1. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Rez Huq

Rez Huq MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2021

It is easily understandable that, Win11 will run on many old devices but many of them won't have TPM and more importantly, driver updates that MS have less thing to do rather Intel/AMD/Device manufacturer are reluctant to update. However, my pc is capable in terms of processor and TPM requirement, yet MS is not including 6th Gen Intel processor perhaps due to driver updates. What do you think?
    According to the news I shared, MS will go extra length to block those unofficial Win11 upgrades..
    just let me (considering the beta/insider program) know, what is the possibility to include 6th Gen Intel Processor to receive OFFICIAL & STABLE Win11 update?!?

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why don't you just install 22000.100 with boot.wim fixed (no need for CPU check bypass fixes) and when it's installed you're fine for now, the patches don't check for anything and don't even need dev channel enrollment to be offered on WU.

5. aer0zer0

aer0zer0 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2014
    this is my current problem. HP omen, i7-7700, 24gb of ram, 1tb nvme, 1tb ssd, flys like hell, but my i7 is the hangup

6. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    Unless you really love some Windows 11 feature I'd just let it ride for a few years and then upgrade everything.

The next gen CPUs supporting DDR5 are about to drop and at first there will be bugs and DDR5 wont be all that great for while.

I'm not planning on a DDR5 build until maybe 2024.

7. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    The major reason, according to Microsoft, is security. That should have been an option for those who want to run Windows 11 in their old machines. The idea surrounding security should be channeled toward the enterprise users and those who can afford new PCs during this pandemic time.

I am not going to cut my budget all in the name of Windows 11. If it comes to a situation where I cannot install Windows 11 on my system I will kindly opt for Linux. There are Linux operating systems out there that are as good as Windows 11. If not for the simple reason we are locked into the ecosystems of these multination there is always a choice to be made and let them eat their operating systems.

I hope Microsoft will listen to the voiceless and their users for once.

8. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
  9. aer0zer0

aer0zer0 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2014
    if what i am reading is accurate (someone smarter than i can chime in) they do have insider builds (possibly the beta too) that allow 7th gen installation. I already have TPM 2.0, and secure boot enabled. Im going to give it a go again tonight, since i havent checked in awhile.

10. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Google showed the world that you can sweep the biggest scams under the rug and attack on digital privacy/liberty all in the name of security. It's the same trick politicians employ to drape their incompetency and failure in order to rally the people behind them by crying "Russia warmongering", "Islamic Terror", "Chinese menace"

This criminal scheme flies because of the stupidity of the masses. Majority of them are way to lazy, learning impaired, unsecured, self righteous, too important to be bothered with douches. They want everything done by simply "click here" button occupying half of their Android screens. Google understood and exploited it to the nth degree and now Microsoft doesn't want to be left behind.

I don't use secure boot or drive encryption or any other fancy security methods so that means I don't qualify to be a tech slave hence no upgrades for free men.

11. Rez Huq

Rez Huq MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2021
    #33 Rez Huq, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    (OP)
    Hi,
    writing here after reading an article that, "Microsoft has given some flexibility on regular Win 11 updates even if someone installs it unofficially." Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Long story short: My processor do not support official Win 11 installation. I'm an non-techy average joe but curious/interested to win11 who has this skylake-processor laptop with OFFICIAL/LICENSED win10 installed on it. Initially I had two issues to install win 11:
    1. No official win 11 installation.
    2. No regular updates through windows update if I install unofficial win11.

However, I just came to know that, MS just relaxed the second issue I was facing. Therefore, I'm curious once again to install win11.

My question to you:

1. As I do have official/licensed win10, do you recommend to install unofficial win 11 on this laptop? If YES, then:
    2. What is the best (safest and easiest) way to install the unofficial win 11 for an average-joe non-techy?
    3. Can I transfer my Windows 10 home edition license to win 11?

Thanks in advance for your response.

12. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    There is a little secret between Intel and Microsoft, 7th gen is already supported.

This all started with the NUC8i7HVK and users complaining to Intel about Windows 11 not installing due to the CPU which is listed as the i7-8809G, an 8th gen CPU.

Here is the thing though, Intel lied. This is branded an 8th gen CPU but its actually 7th gen so the block was legitimate.

They won't ever tell us how the conversation went but Intel got Microsoft to release the block on this specific 7th gen Intel CPU.

The main issue here is that Intel called a bunch of things "8th gen" while Microsoft considers "Kaby Lake" to be 7th gen and Intel has both 7th and 8th gen "Kaby Lake" CPUs.

In an equally funny story Microsoft also released the block on the i7-7820HQ for Windows 11 ........ because they ended up blocking their own Surface devices.