Windows 11 Tweaks, Fixes and Modifications [Overview]

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    This app can be rated as 2/10 ...
    I've seen better apps

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cbsvitzer

cbsvitzer MDL Member

Feb 4, 2010
    @Dark Dinosaur
    Your judgement of BloatyNosy is hard. I think this tool does an excellent job.
    It's super easy to configure Windows 11 with a few clicks and everything is reversible.
    Can you name other programs that does a better job, as you mention?

3. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #1366 Dark Dinosaur, May 9, 2023
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
    such false claims... :D
    hope you do not start to claim MAC / LINUX is the most secure system
    there is no such thing as a secure system ... every system has bugs.
    Android / Linux / MAC / Windows ... but MS patch every 0day,
    and make their products secure every day ... so ... BIG NO

Also, I promise you, let's say hypothetical,
    And Linux will be the most used system on earth ...
    hackers will start targeting this system ...
    you will say ... Linux is buggy and not secure?

5. #1367 Deleted member 1556818, May 9, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2023
    Wrong interpretation and conclusion.
    i never said that mac and linux are the most secure OS.

Don't tell me that there is no secure and bugs free OS... you better ask and you should ask OS programmers... Why isn't there a secure and bugs free OS? Aren't you paid for that? Isn't that your specialty?

If it's true that MS patches the OS every day, and Windows is secure every day... as you said... why are they still patching every day? Doesn't that patching show that their product actually has a lot of bugs, and must be fixed every day? Discovering bugs every day shows that what you said... secure every day.. becomes doubtful. So what do they do?

Patching bugs can mean 2 things:

1. their work is unprofessional, and their expertise is questionable. Or...

2. finding and patching bugs is their way to stay employed? create a problem and then say they fixed the problem.

Why do you refer to Linux? what's your problem with Linux? why don't you compare with Mac... for example?

and sorry, I never answer speculative and hypothetical questions... those are your own assumption and statement... you should answer it yourself.

No more argueing. Thank you.

6. You never need to stop indexing but the "search metro app" in NT10 os which causes lots of issues in memory management as well as lots of OS resources are used via it without any means.

7. Errepublika

Errepublika MDL Senior Member

Aug 18, 2021
    By the way, do you have any idea to change the size of the icons on the desktop using a Script ? I wanted to make the icons small and integrate them into the registration in the ISO with NTlite

8. cta62

cta62 MDL Member

Jul 9, 2015
    For anyone dealing with the Windows Security Health app crashing please read on. If you use Group Policy and choose to hide the Device Security section the service no longer crashes and you can keep TPM enabled you just won't be able to view the Device Security section anymore which is pointless anyways.

9. Errepublika

Errepublika MDL Senior Member

Aug 18, 2021
    I have no idea what you mean

10. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    i found that simply not opening security health until youve been logged in a few hours seems to work, also not to keep re opening it, im sure we will get a fix soon for this
    Theres nothing wrong with your tpm, its only the UI that is crashing
    you can check the health/status of tpm using the old method in encryption /bitlockerr

11. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    I have gained some more insight into the problem - namely high CPU usage when opening a folder containing many images.
    Earlier this folder was in a sub folder inside my Downloads folder. Opening the folder (even in list or details view without thumbnails) would start a green progress bar in the Explorer address bar, and high ~30% CPU usage until the progress bar reached the other end. This took a couple of minutes - 4 GB folder containing 6500 images - on my Crucial 2 TB M.2 NVMe SSD. This happened every time I opened or refreshed the folder. Note: some of this CPU usage does not show in Task Manager - sorting the list of processes by CPU usage will not show the rogue process and the rest do not add up to the total.
    Moving the folder tree to a different location outside my Downloads folder fixes the problem - no more high CPU usage except for a couple of seconds the first time when it built the thumbnail cache.
    Any ideas? I could change my habits and move everything out of the Downloads folder immediately but I'm wondering if there is a better way.

Please let me know if you want me to take this to a different thread or start a new one.

12. pl search on mdl about how to get rid of search inbox app on NT10 os & am damn sure your problem will be resolved but if search inbox app is removed then with a new problem cant update os directly via wu.
    :D

13. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    upload_2023-5-11_21-38-32.png

Pause updates for 1 year, use 16d hexadecimal
    upload_2023-5-11_21-39-35.png

it goes to 52 weeks, can only do this once, on resume it will auto set 7 days for insiders ...will have set flag again,
    unlimited days , just fill with 9's

14. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Could you please give me an idea where to look? All the searches using the keywords you have given are getting me nowhere. :confused:

i thought somebody might have shared my very old inbox apps removal using appxrepo database tweak . sorry if it isnt found anywhere now.
    i think search inbox app component package removal too must work OOB am sure mostly people know this.