Windows 2000 Pro ISO...

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by oddballracing, Oct 31, 2009.

1. MaJo24

MaJo24 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2008
  2. MaJo24

MaJo24 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2008
    All hashes belong to the ISO files, not the deltas.

The CRCs refer to the AutoCRC values stored within the images, as shown by Microsoft's own crc.exe. As you already noted, the "usual" CRC32 values of these images are always 0xffffffff, so the AutoCRC values actually have more informational worth.

Maybe the confusion comes from the fact that we don't have a direct download link for ZRMPSEL_EN, but only for ZRMPFPP_EN? I don't know, I'm just guessing and now I'll be going to bed ...

3. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I see, can't recall the last time I used the CRC.exe.

Well that clears up everything

4. MaJo24

MaJo24 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Ah, sorry, I was a bit confused since the hashes for ZRMPOEM_EN are ce9b012b8a13170a7de90cfd60b06fe2 and feeceb7a86126422a04dff98cbfaf3b655bab983.

But you're right, I don't think this image has ever made it to the public before.

5. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    So now we just "need" ZRMAOEM_EN & ZRMSOEM_EN :p

6. liliactr

liliactr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #88 liliactr, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012
    Zrmsoem_en

7. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    Can someone provide me with a link to the unofficial update rollup pack 2 for Win2KSP4?

8. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
  9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  10. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    @Tito: The download provided there is for unofficial updates(UURollup)… I want the rollup package for all the updates MS officially released after the 1st official update rollup (i.e after the mainstream support ended up till end-of-all-support)…

That guy, tomasz86, once used to provide that package, but it seems like he is no longer providing the update rollup pack 2!

I want the UNOFFICIAL(obviously!) pack for OFFICIAL updates, and NOT the UNOFFICIAL pack for UNOFFICIAL updates! :D :D

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  12. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry I didn't notice that 'Alpha for Update Rollup 2' the first time you posted the link! Many thanks for the link!

13. tomasz86

tomasz86 MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2012
    Hello everyone!

I'm tomasz86 ;)

Actually I've decided to suspend the Update Rollup 2 project. Do you actually need it?

I mean, are there any people interested in installing UR2 (only official security updates inluded) and not using unofficial updates / HBRs at the same time?

In case of USP5.2 I don't plan to do separate versions - it will be only one version having all stuff (official & unofficial updates, HBRs, other packages like .NET Framework, etc.) included.

Since I can't add URLs (this is my first post :/) I'm attaching the message from RyanVM board:

14. Kami3n147

Kami3n147 MDL Novice

May 15, 2010
    Do you have MUI for Windows 2000?

15. tomasz86

tomasz86 MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2012
    Yes, there exist MUI for Windows 2000 but...

1) it works only if you have IE5 installed.
    2) doesn't work if you update IE to IE6.
    3) XP MUI works with IE6 (you need to replace the files manually) but then file versions are not displayed correctly in the system.

In one word, MUI doesn't work correctly so installing it is not recommended unless you keep IE5.

By the way, I've managed to open a website:

windows2000.tk

All information regarding USP 5.2, UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other packages is there.

16. systonya

systonya MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2012
    Just wanted to say thanks for this. You rock my man. Your update rollups saved my keister.

I had a old Windows 2000 server die a horrible death a couple days ago (the server magically goes through two disk failures in a matter of hours - which spelled doom for a three disk RAID 5 setup). I thought installing two working disks, reloading 2000 Server, reloading the backup client, firing off a disk/system state restore, and rebooting a couple times would right everything that was wrong. I've done it before and thought nothing of it.

But no - after the server came back up it refused to resolve DNS and refused domain authentication. I figure I just remove and re-add to the domain and all will be fine. I've done it before and it worked so I thought nothing of it. But no - the server still refused to do DNS. The weird thing though was that I could authenticate to things on the domain when I browsed other domain objects via IP address. I also cannot re-add to the domain because it thinks the domain does not exist. No manner of regular troubleshooting works - using other known functioning DNS servers; trying to add to the domain via command line; uninstall/re-install TCP/IP; uninstall/re-install NICs; changing this, that, and everything in the registry; etc. All important NETDIAG tests run on the faulty server return "PASSED". NSLOOKUP operations return the correct info. Can access everything (including SYSVOL on the DCs) via IP address but not by name or FQDN. Searching the Internet for fixes on this specific issue proved fruitless...

What fixed all this? Update Rollup 2! Immediately after I applied the package I was able to join it to the domain! Thank goodness too because rebuilding the server would have been a nightmare. The server had old in-house apps that communicated with IBM DB2 databases, prepared reports, and then fired them off in an email. My predecessor did not leave any documentation and the developers that built the apps no longer work here.

17. tomasz86

tomasz86 MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2012
    It's good to hear that Update Rollup 2 helped you solve the problem :)

There are about ~250 packages included in it and 150 out of these are hotfixes by request (HBRs) which are not available to download from Windows Update (you must download them one by one from M$ servers which is very time-consuming). Many of these HBRs fix issues related to Windows 2000 Server. At the moment only English version of UR2 is available but I'm going to prepare it in other supported 23 languages too. Together with another MSFN member acus we've already managed to download ~5000 files but they're not sorted yet. Compiling UR2 also takes some time (~5 hours for one package) and it must be tested later too so everything is going to take some time to be finished.

18. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I admire you dedication (to something that old ...)