Windows 2000 Pro ISO...

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by oddballracing, Oct 31, 2009.

1. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    I'm hoping for a PT-PT version in the works too ;)

2. meister_sd

meister_sd MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2012
    #102 meister_sd, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    Sorry to be late to the party but looking over my stash of M$ stuff, I found:

EN_WIN2000_PRO_SP4.ISO
    ES_WIN2000_PRO_SP4.ISO
    sp4psel_ja1.iso
    w2pfpp_cn.iso

I know I have(had?) other languages but I have to find them. Off the top of my head; French, German and maybe Italian. Some came from an MSDN I had a while back and some came from a client who did language translation. I'll take a look....

I did find my white plastic MSDN box from 2000 with Win98/WinME/Win2000(pro, server, adv server) DVD - Disk 2. Ahh the memories.

Found:
    Win2000 Brazilian Portuguese - W2PFPP_BR - CD SET X05-09830. This came from an original Retail disk and I also have a photocopied sleeve of it.

Win2000 Spanish - W2POEM_ES - CD SET X05-12816. This came from an original OEM disk and I have a photocopy of the package. (So this makes an OEM and MDSN download)

I know I have others. I'll edit this post with what I find.

3. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    There is no "late" in Internet: what is no longer useful for someone today, will be useful for someone else tomorrow ;)

I hope you find something in European Portuguese, with or without Service Pack ;)

4. meister_sd

meister_sd MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2012
    I was looking around for you but can't seem to understand a proper file name. I tried to look for W2PFPP_PT but I only found an older post by you on another site. I also looked for PT_WIN2000_PRO_SP4.ISO and PT-PT_WIN2000_PRO_SP4.ISO with no success. The one ISO you have that isn't bootable could have come from MSDN as part of a multiboot DVD but I can hardly find SHA1 or other hashes for English let alone other languages.

5. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    #105 johnye_pt, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    That's the problem, I'm also not sure of the labels, all I could find were 2 ISOs labeled "W2PFPP_PT" (PRO Retail SP0) and "W2POEM_PT" (Pro OEM SP0). Both differ in only 6 files, but since the ISOs were created or modified by software other than cdimage v2.27, I don't have the original CRC/SHA1, so I can't check if they're "clean". I believe the original name was PT_WIN2000_PRO.ISO.

The same applies for "ZRMSFPP_PT" (Server SP4), the ISO wasn't even bootable, and NTOSKRNL.EX_ was corrupted, but I replaced it with the one inside the SP4 redistributable since the only difference was 1 single byte somewhere in the middle of the file, but there is no way to verify the remaining files.

The only way is to get my hands on an original CD, but the ones that pop up on online auctions/sales once in a while are ridiculously expensive...

6. tomasz86

tomasz86 MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2012
    If you mean PTG (Portugal) then yes :yes: of course there will be a PTG version of UR2. I'm not going to prepare all of them at once but rather one by one gradually. If it's important then I can focus on this one first.

7. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    Just knowing there will be one is enough, no need to focus on it first, please do it at your own time ;)

8. tomasz86

tomasz86 MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2012
    OK.

Recently I've been improving the update merging script so that almost everything will be done automatically. At the moment too many things need to be fixed manually and therefore it takes a lot of time :(

9. meister_sd

meister_sd MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2012
    I'm going to guess the 6 files are the 4 oembios... files, setupp.ini and probably pidgen.dll. If that is the case, I'd say you have legit ISOs. Stuff this old, unpack it to a folder and run a virus scan. If you have enough computers, load up the OS, pull the hard drive and put it in another system and run a virus scan that way too. It seems Google is "forgetting" things now.

10. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    There are no OEMBIOS in Windows 2000. These are the files that don't match (they are 10, not 4 as I mentioned before):

BOOTDISK\CDBOOT1.IMG (only label is different)
    BOOTDISK\CDBOOT2.IMG (only label is different)
    BOOTDISK\CDBOOT3.IMG (only label is different)
    BOOTDISK\CDBOOT4.IMG (only label is different)
    I386\EULA.TXT (different EULA as expected)
    I386\IESUPP.CH_ (different help files, extract OK)
    I386\IEWEBHLP.CH_ (different help files, extract OK)
    I386\SETUPP.INI (different ExtraData and Pid as expected)
    I386\SUPP_ED.CH_ (different help files, extract OK)
    I386\WEBHELP.CH_ (different help files, extract OK)

So I'm going to assume all files are untouched, I only wish I had the original SHA1 so I could recreate the ISOs. Well, one can only hope ;)

11. meister_sd

meister_sd MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2012
    Oops - had a mind fart....

Looks like the ISOs are good. If you don't mind me asking, how different is Portugal and Brazilian Portuguese? Like American and British English isn't too much but enough you have to think first sometimes, like lift for elevator.

12. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
  13. dailyinsanity

dailyinsanity MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    I see why you want Windows 2000, its very stable!

14. chzuck

chzuck MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    I have literally spent most of the day trying to get something that will install Windows 2000 PRO on my IBM Thinkpad T22. I have downloaded the iso file, extracted it, changed the setupp.ini file and that is as far as I seem to get. Is there some way I can take those extracted files and convert them back into iso? Is there another way to get them installed on the Thinkpad? I totally wiped the Thinkpad hard drive with Acronis, which now I realize was a mistake as there may have been a partition with the original setup. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The original Microsoft sticker for the OS is still on the machine.

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007

You do not extract the IOS file you edit it in an ISO editor like UltraISO then burn it.

16. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    If you carry on like that you will spend years doing it... Just follow what urie said above

sebus

17. chzuck

chzuck MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    Thanks so much! I now have it loaded and running on the Thinkpad T22. I just need to fine tune it. I need to set screen resolution as now it is rather large and not real easy to read.

18. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #118 sebus, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    How about downloading proper drivers?

19. chzuck

chzuck MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    Sorry, what is peoper driver?

20. urie

urie Moderator