Windows 7 64 bit Home premium activation question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ravenheim, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ravenheim

ravenheim MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2012
    I have Windows 7 64 bit Home premium currently unactivated on my computer with a real serial and I haven't put it online yet as the key code is already in use on another computer.

I would like to know that if it says 3 days until automatic activation, does this mean that if I put it online it won't activate the serial and check if it's in use or something? I'm afraid that the other system which originally has the serial won't work if it does that. I also heard that you can reset the automatic activation time?

Anyways if someone knows how I can change the serial to another serial that is already in use and then disable the activation system permanently?
    And as I said I don't want the real serial to be activated, I want to change it before putting it online just in case if it could check the serial before the 3 day automatic activation time ends.
    Thanks!

2. ravenheim

ravenheim MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2012
    Alright so I had the unactivated serial in, I used some slmgr -upk command on cmd .exe and then it started complaining about this windows isn't genuine etc.
    Then I ran RemoveWAT and now it doesn't complain and doesn't show the OEM code in Computer -> Properties
    Does this mean that the key code from the other computer is permanently disabled and will not try to communicate with microsoft servers about the key code? So that the other computer can't get disabled because it's the same code?
    or is it somewhere in the register?
    Thanks for the reply

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007