Windows 7 64-bit with updates

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by retrorgb, Jan 7, 2022.

1. ExtremeGrief

ExtremeGrief MDL Addicted

Jun 2, 2020
  2. retrorgb

retrorgb MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2022
    Yes. It took quite awhile to load all the updates, but they did appear to run.

3. ExtremeGrief

ExtremeGrief MDL Addicted

Jun 2, 2020
    Hmm. Did it reboot multiple times then finally launch disk cleanup?

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It has been years since i've seen a bsod and surely not in a correctly configured vm.

5. retrorgb

retrorgb MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2022
    I mean, it's totally possible I made a mistake, but I've created about 30 VM's in the past week to test these iso's (and other stuff) and the only time I ever got a bluescreen was after ruining SiMPLiX on the iso. So, it's not a stretch to assume the problem is the iso.

Is there documentation on what all the options do? I'll re-run it again and use SiMLPiX USB 3.0 drivers (as opposed to legacy), but what about the other options?

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  7. beachcity

beachcity MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2018
    Wow! All that guidance from you guys (especially this last post) and not even an acknowledgement (let alone a "thank you") in over a week. Just, Wow. Guess that's the world that we are living in now. Sad...

Well, I thank you. Getting ready to build and set up a new machine, and this is all very timely. So, please accept my thanks.

8. retrorgb

retrorgb MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2022
    Ever think other stuff happened in my life and haven't had time to swing back to this yet? Like, I don't know...maybe getting COVID, but still having to spend any moment I can concentrate keeping my business afloat?

Kinda gross that the the people helping liked this nasty comment. Is that how you all roll here in this forum?

9. retrorgb

retrorgb MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2022
    @Enthousiast, I do VERY MUCH appreciate your help and taking the time to test on a VM. I just can't get it working without some other side-effect. I'm going to swing back to this after I catch up with other projects I had to put on hold when I was sick and I'll absolutely credit your help in my documentation if I use a slipstreamed install disc.