Windows 7 64bit + truecrypt =???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nidzo, Mar 6, 2011.

1. nidzo

nidzo MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    #1 nidzo, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
    Hello all,
    This is my first post in here and first of all english language is not my native tongue, but I hope I can make my self clear here. :)
    A few months ago I saw a how to in here when it comes to keeping w7 in trial mode forever and since I bought a new hardware and had to reinstall windows, I decided to give it a try.(h**p://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/17938-GUIDE-How-to-really-run-Windows-7-forever-without-applying-any-cracks?highlight=forever+rearm) And it worked. I was able to reset 4 times to the 0 of the rearming. I would like to note that I did this manually, and not using IR or any other tools. Then about 2 months ago I installed truecrypt and encrypted my hard drive. Now when I try to reboot windows 7 and try the above guide delwpa.bat is nowhere to be found.

I would also like to add that when truecrypt asked me if it should encrypt the what I believe is hidden partition I answered yes. What really puzzles me that windows boots into "recovery mode" or whatever it is called (press F8 right after the BIOS screen to get to the Advanced Boot Options) and it asks about language but never about log in info. I have tried all drive letters starting from A: to Z: but delwpa.bat is nowhere to be found even thought I copied it to each single one hard drive roots.
    I think windows is having hard time finding either that hidden boot partition or even real partition? Could I get some lights on this or suggestions how to make this work again and have my hard drive encrypted with truecrypt? Do I have to decrypt the drive and then try delwpa.bat again to reset rearm counts?

Edited:
    Is my english too bad so no body understand the problem here? or Nobody even come across this by now?
    Please help me :)

2. Zokie

Zokie MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2011
    you can't access the encrypted partition from Recovery Environment. You have to mount the system partition with TrueCrypt from another windows installation or WinPE (Win7PE-SE worked for me).

3. tlstls

tlstls MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    Actually, you can run TrueCrypt in portable mode inside the recovery environment.

www .truecrypt.org/docs/truecrypt-portable (remove the space after www)

4. Zokie

Zokie MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2011
    #4 Zokie, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    No, you can't. It will give you an error message.

5. tlstls

tlstls MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    #5 tlstls, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    Really?

i.imgur.com/wao1U.png

Sorry, I didn't take into account that x64 recovery mode doesn't run 32 bit applications, my bad :blush:

6. Zokie

Zokie MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2011
    Oh, then I was wrong. Did you do something special?
    When I start TrueCrypt from command prompt I get the message: "the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present".

7. tlstls

tlstls MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    You were partially right: that message appears because your Win7 is x64, and that platform's recovery console can't run 32 bit programs like TrueCrypt's executable. In that case you would have to boot from a Win7 x86 installation disc in order to be able to run TrueCrypt.

If you're interested, you can make an installation disc with both x86 and x64 recovery consoles:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/12126-Windows-x86-and-x64-AIO-full-instructions