Windows 7 7057 network problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dyzophoria, Mar 15, 2009.

1. dyzophoria

dyzophoria MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    Hi, I just tried a clean install on my desktop using this build, now after the reinstall there seems to be a bug with the network connections, first of all its has a yellow exclamation point on it (!), and I generally have no internet connection, it seems to be a dns problem, for whatever reason it seems that this build cannot connect to my dns server (my router), I can ping them using their ip addresses, but not with their dns names, i tried disabling my firewall, still no avail, what is weird is when I tried this by upgrading from my 7022 installation there was no problem at all, only on clean install am I having problems, btw my network card is a Marvell Yukon gigabit adapter (built-in on the motherboard), I upgraded my 7000 laptop to 7057 in this case I have still have the exclamation point (!), but I can easily access the internet

2. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    7057 is more like a dev build.
    Networking is generally speaking - broken with the build 7057.
    Stick to the 7048 for now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dyzophoria

dyzophoria MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    yeah, I guess, Im on my way back now, I guess I can say I tried everything to get the network up and running,lol

4. dvader

dvader MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2009
    are they not all "developer builds" until RTM?

7057 has blue screened on me a few times with tcpip.sys at the bottom
    I don't know if this is an application/firewall issue or something with the OS