WINDOWS.7.7600.UPDATES_PACK_1.X86_X64-v4-SSP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SSP, Aug 4, 2009.

1. SSP

SSP MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2009
    The updates are not official because they were leaked.
    Although they are rolled out by Microsoft.
    I think you can expect official updates from Windows Update after 22th October.

2. wiryawang

wiryawang MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    Request for the new Packages include all the new Updates recently release.

3. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Links are down.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. muiz

muiz MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Yep, both.....

5. d13g0sv

d13g0sv MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2011
    #27 d13g0sv, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry to bump a old thred, but this will receive any update?
    I mean, everytime I install windows 7 I have to download all updates from windows update again and again.. using a package like this will make life much easier..
    thank you

edit: found a solution WSUS Offline Update
    www | wsusoffline.net

6. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Why not slipstream SP1 and the desrired updates? I've been using RT7 Lite with great success to do just that. Since I just want the final product and am not interested in the nuts and bolts of the process it's perfect for me.

This site has some great postings about integration of SP1. In fact, you can download a .iso file with it already integrated. Again, this site has all the information you need to get the file version you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. d13g0sv

d13g0sv MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks, that would be good too!

8. akf

akf MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    #31 akf, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    d13g0sv and zahnoo

Just heed burfadel's advice and download original untouched Windows 7 SP1 iso, available in this forum. The hashes match the ones from M$, so you can be sure that they are not tampered. I have no problem using RT 7 Lite to slim down original untouched Windows 7 SP1 iso. You can save time by not integrating Service Pack 1. It works just fine. :D

burfadel

What I am going to say next may offer different perspective than the one you usually believe in. Rest assured that I fully respect your opinion. It is just that we all have different way of tweaking Windows to our needs and it is highly subjective.:)

Yes, I am now using a slimmed-down Windows 7 SP1 with IE 9 integrated by RT 7 Lite, in my computer. Even since Windows Vista if I am not mistaken, many of the features such as Media Centre, inbuilt games, Tablet PC components etc., as you noted, can be turned off from the control panel. The problem is that they are just disabled, not uninstalled. In other words, they are hidden somewhere in C:\Windows, consuming some hard disk space. Using RT 7 Lite to remove them, they are completely removed. There will not be trace of them in C:\Windows, thus no hard disk space is occupied by them.

1. Installing Service pack
    - For sure, we cannot install Service Pack on a slimmed-down Windows. Since Service Pack will check whether any Windows component is removed before installation, if I remove just one component via RT 7 Lite, Service Pack cannot be installed. This is a problem for those who does not perform frequent fresh installation of Windows, but it is not a problem for me. Why? Service Packs are usually received every year or so. By then, I have no problem reinstalling Windows again, just to ensure everything run as quick as before. Besides that, just like other users here, I will download original untouched Windows 7 SP2 iso when it is released. I will again use RT 7 Lite to slim down Windows 7 SP2. So, the problem of not able to install Service Pack in slimmed Windows 7 is not a problem for me, as I would have made fresh images by then.

2. Installing Windows Updates and LDR Hotfixes
    - In a slimmed down Windows 7 SP1, I can install any Windows Update and LDR Hotfix without any problem. It works just well for me. However, the main rule is that you should not remove Component Cache (winsxs) via RT 7 Lite. Removing Component Cache (winsxs) will cause you to be unable to install any subsequent Windows Updates and LDR Hotfixes, although any Windows Updates integrated via RT 7 Lite will continue to function just fine.

The main thing of using RT 7 lite is that you identify your needs and purpose of using Windows 7. You should only remove any Windows components that you will never going to use in the future. If you are uncertain about certain components, just leave it and do not remove it via RT 7 Lite.

I fully agree with you on this point, since it consumes a lot of creating slimmed image via RT 7 Lite and also install the image and other software on your computer. That is why I only create new slimmed Windows 7 SP1 image about every 2 months or so, just after Patch Tuesday. That also means that I will perform format and clean Windows installation every 2 months. If I increase the frequency of creating new image, to me, it will waste my time.

burfadel, that is how I perform Windows installation in my computer. Feel free to comment on it. I have no problem learning different methods of performing Windows installation, as I may learn something new. :D

9. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    I wasn't saying don't use RT7lite :) it can be useful and I have used it myself before! I was just pointing out that it can be easy to be heavy handed with it, disabling things which may relate to other things. Examples are removing/disabling superfetch service which also disabled prefetch, or upnp which can affect router use with certain games and torrent programs, SSDP discovery which can affect certain devices (even though it might not make sense, I have seen a camera, I think it was a Canon, requiring this)! Windows search feature, which you leave enabled and disable the service etc etc. :)

It depends on the intended use of hte computer.

10. akf

akf MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    #33 akf, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    Oops, :p, sorry for the confusion there.

I too agree with you that it depends on user's preference. If you are a novice user, just disabling features from "Turn Windows Features on or off" is suffice. If you really want to choose the advanced method like me, using RT 7 Lite is better as it permanently removed the unneeded components.

Yes, with RT 7 Lite, there is an endless list of dependency problems. :( The thing is to perform experiment yourself in your computer. As time goes on, you will learn which components you should not remove, to avoid dependency problems.

My slimmed-down Windows 7 SP1 with IE 9 integrated works just fine in my computer. I have no problem running the desired software. In the end, it is all about customizing the image to fit your needs. :)

11. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I DO agree the best approach is to get and use the orifinal, untouched SP1 version of Windows 7 now that it's available. But as time passes, I do believe the number of updates to install post W7 SP1 installation will grow. And like the original poster, I dislike having to wade through all those updates every time I do an installation. Enter RT7 Lite.

My use of RT7 Lite has been limited to Windows security updates integration (and later SP1) and the process has worked exceptionally well. I've used the resultant RT7 Lite installation disk for seven installs of Windows 7 HP so far. All seven have been perfect as far as I can tell and all activations via Microsoft key have been uneventful. BUT, I learned long ago, the more tweaks I do the greater the number of potential problems I create. But since all I want is a final product, and all newly created installations are tested on my "junk" station, RT7 Lite is fine for me.

12. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    If you didn't want to use all the hotfixes in SoLoR's repository and just your own, if you keep a backup of the cab/msu's my installer can install them quickly for you :) It doesn't use a predefined list, only pre-defined requirements like Windows version, architecture (x86/x64/ia64) etc, and you still have the normal Windows check once the actual installation starts (its just a crapload quicker than the msu method, especially with a very large number of updates).

13. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I couldn't agree more. But my use of RT7 Lite predates my discovery of this forum. So at the time I did what I knew; I now am aware of other options and I do love having options. :)