Windows 7 - Activated but evaluation copy?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by whyliketat, Feb 22, 2010.

1. whyliketat

whyliketat MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2010
    I am so confused.
    I have used numerous of loaders/cracks previously when my Windows 7 got the msg "Windows 7 is not genuine"...

Before that, my Windows 7 version is: 7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255.
    After I used one crack program, although it will let my "Windows 7 is not genuine" and black screen disappear, but it has changed my Windows to this version: 7600.win7_gdr.091207-1941

FYI, I check the windows version by using the loader program.

So, my current situation is: When I go to Control panel, it said my Windows has already activated.
    But why in the Windows Action Center in the Notification Area, sometimes it will appear:
    Backup Windows...This pre-release of Windows 7 is going to expire in 7 days...Please backup....bla bla bla...

I am so confuse...What happened? Who can help me?

2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    You are using the release candidate software, this RC version is timebombed and will expire even if it is activated successfully
    upgrade to final RTM release

3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Sounds like a franken build, he correctly identifies the current build but sees the RC behaviour. I bet one of the many crack or loaders turned it into a franken build. (to the OP) Either way, time to collect your data, format and reinstal. Please see the repository and figure out exactly how you want to instal and activate BEFORE you do it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Or u can even upgrade but that will take a while....