Windows 7 AIO, upgrade and repair x86+x64

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DKane, Nov 4, 2009.

1. DKane

DKane MDL Junior Member

Sep 18, 2009
    OK, I don't know if you remember me, but I got my AIO disk working. It boots into x86, but if an arrow key is double tapped when the "press any key to boot from CD/DVD" message is displayed, it shows a boot menu, allowing x64 repair mode to be selected.

Then I tried to upgrade an x64 vista installation. I didn't work, so though sorcery I made it work. My DVD will now upgrade x86 or x64 vista. And it works seamlessly.

However, it is 3.97GB. Where should I upload it? Or can I get promises to seed the torrent?

2. Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2008
    Why not write a tutorial on how to do this? Anyone interested in this probably already has all the needed pieces (i.e., Windows 7 x86 and x64 DVD + WAIK), downloading another 4 gigs would be a waste of bandwidth.

3. Zexy

Zexy MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2008
    Barney speaks the truth.

Give a man a fish, he eat for 1 day and come back to bother you for more fish.
    Teach him to fish instead and it save you a lot of bait and bandwidth. :D

Learning and gaining some knowledge is always a good thing. ;)

4. DKane

DKane MDL Junior Member

Sep 18, 2009
    But... But... That would involve me remembering the steps that worked...

Well, I will be seeding the file shortly, but I shall also attempt to reconstruct my steps. It didn't seem too complicated, it's just that I made about twenty attempts to get it work, and I can't precisely remember the winning formula...

:rolleyes: