Windows 7 All In One x86 x64

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SirSilentBob, Aug 11, 2009.

1. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
  2. SirSilentBob

Jun 5, 2009
    Other than the readme file in the root directory, I have not modified/added anything else. See my last post.

3. mgx

mgx MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    #23 mgx, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    >

4. SirSilentBob

Jun 5, 2009
    You are all welcome. I am happy to share it. I just hope the upload is not to crappy. :(

5. yaluza1967

yaluza1967 MDL Member

Jun 6, 2009
    does this AIO can repair an x64 installation ? often with AIO made in house , setup.exe is 32 bit app...

anyway thanks for the sharing SSB

6. JustDoIt

JustDoIt MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2007
    Thank you for this. I just hope that U and everybody else keep seeding.
    Atm the interrest is rather miniscule. One seeder (that would be U, 22 peers)
    If this is what U say it is, it's great.
    Of course we can do it ourselves but it's very convenient to download it.
    The size seems rather small to me.
    How come:)?

7. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Thank you for the hard work you put in this, but there is a AIO DVD already. It´s a scene release and works also with x86/x64 and is in englisch AND german.

I have downloaded this release some days ago and it works perfect!

Microsoft.Windows.7.AiO.German.English.x86.x64.iNTERNAL-UP2DATE

8. SirSilentBob

Jun 5, 2009
    #30 SirSilentBob, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    (OP)
    It actually was not hard work. It's much harder work in slip streaming drivers and other things. I was a little surprised just about everyone hadn't made their own copy or two when I did it and saw how easy it was. Maybe just the instructions make it look hard or people don't want to waste DVDs trying (I tested image with virtual machines so I didn't lose DVDs if I screwed up.)

I am aware, but I did because I wanted an english AIO, and other than a simple readme file in the root that is more for directing people to these forums than anything else, there is none of that "scene release e-penis enlarging" stuff. I put it out for everyone to have it, not as a scene to have any sort of bragging rights or anything. If anyone is that bothered by my 279 byte readme added to the root of the disk that says "Made for you by me" essentially and directs users here, then they can make their own or delete the readme it from the ISO.

9. SirSilentBob

Jun 5, 2009
    It won't affect anything. I did not mess with the actual files other than deleting ei.cfg. Is the readme, a simple 279 byte text file saying who made it and directing people here to sign up on the forums for help using it and for other computer things bugging everyone this bad? Its not like I modded the installer or splashed any credits crap into anything. :rolleyes:

10. marcopoloxp

marcopoloxp MDL Novice

May 14, 2009
    Just a simple question from a non-techie person:

Is this DVD bootable?

11. SirSilentBob

Jun 5, 2009
    Yep, it sure is.

12. SirSilentBob

Jun 5, 2009
    That is a very good question. And also, none of the tutorials on making the AIO even address it. You are correct, the installer itself is actually 32bit, it has to be or else it would not work on 32bit systems. On 64bit systems, the 32bit installer is simply installing 64bit files, since they are integrated into the WIM files with the 32bit files. I guess I'll have to destroy one of my 64bit virtual machines later and try to repair it. I have a sneaky suspicion the AIO might only be able to fix 32bit installs. Can anyone else who has tried one of the AIOs floating around confirm or deny this please?

13. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    I have build a Vista AIO DVD some years ago (at the beginning of Vista) and when i remember correctly, you can´t repair a x64 system because of the 32Bit setup. But i could be wrong.....

BTW: Why the need of repairing something, Windows 7 comes with a very good image backup engine like provided by Acronis. I have imaged my running system and did a restore - no problems!

14. yaluza1967

yaluza1967 MDL Member

Jun 6, 2009
    that's the reason , i have two dvd , an x86 with ei.cfg removed and x64 for Win7.

() you can also include spp files toolkit 1.8 with your AIO

15. SirSilentBob

Jun 5, 2009
    Well, I guess if no x64 repairs possible, then it can simply be a single disk system reloading/initial install media. I am wondering if it is possible to have a boot loader on a DVD to allow two separate copies of both x86 and x64 to be on a single DVD, be it in separate folders or "partitions" on the DVD. It would take up more room, and require a dual layer DVD, but then repairs would be possible that way, since you could select which copy to run. Or, perhaps keep the WIM files integrated, but have a way to differentiate between the 32 & 64bit setup files. Like perhaps rename the 32bit setup.exe to setup32.exe and have the 64bit setup named as setup64.exe and have a way to choose which one is launched, upon boot of the DVD. I think there is more to the setup than simply that single EXE file though. I may have to do some experimenting with that method.....

16. leo221

leo221 MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2008
    I just created my own copy all in one image myself. also included all oem certificates. copied everything to 4gb bootable usb flash. nice nice. :p

17. providensia

providensia MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    mirror plz on hotfile .... :)

can't download from torrent :(

thx