Windows 7 and Kaspersky Anti Virus 2010

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hpnotebook, Oct 31, 2009.

1. rasso

rasso MDL Member

May 24, 2009
    actualy I never use crack or patch..and I never enter all website that i dont know..i donwload only mp3 and some HD movie from some security websites...

so..should I use a antivirıs programme ???? especially ,should I use kaspersky ? i think i shouldnt :D and i never use credit card on this laptop.

eset is enough for me..and eset is so light for laptops....kaspersky is crazy....

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    use it in combo with a good firewall and some malware agent like malwarebytes. That'll be enough.

3. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I like the KAV 2010 with windows 7 cause of its extremely little false positive but big detection rate. i dont use KIS cause i dont like the firewall and the sandbox doesnt work on 64bit system.
    i prefere the comodo firewall wich is one of the best security tool for windows when u install the defense proactive too.
    on comodo 4, u'll have a working sandox for win7 64, i tell u ;-)

for me KAV 2010 build 736 and comodo FW & Defense proactive 3.12 560 are working just fine with my windows 7 64bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Thanks for the help but the skins are all in another language. I'm not sold on Kaspersky yet, so I'm giving a try to NOD32 right now as I used to have it on Vista with no problems, however, I can't even uninstall Kaspersky as it gives me an ERROR1922.Service Kaspersky Anti-Virus could not be deleted. Verify that you have enough system privileges to remove to system services. I'm an admin on my pc it should let me delete it. Is there any other method to uninstall Kaspersky?

5. djs

djs MDL Novice

May 10, 2007

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #26 genuine555, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. Echemmon

Echemmon MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2010
    I have kaspersky as well. It doesn't really have the problem on mine that you have but I do get the pdm.invader message you are talking about whenever I put something on my computer. I think what it is is just stuff that has behavior similar to the PDM.invader and it's just letting you know that it could be a threat because it doesn't know the programs you run on the computer just the viruses and threats that are there.

8. bastel100

bastel100 MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2010
    i have also 'PDM.Invader' location in my vodafone-connect-umts-stick
    kaspersky are -a load of crap- & i think kaspersky is 'to apply the handbrake' on my notebook :0

i used new ... avast or mse2.0

9. agurkas

agurkas MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2011
    You messed up the settings, that's thy you're getting those messages. PDM.Invader means a process is trying to invade another process. This is normal for some apps, although sometimes it is a sign of malware. If the offending app is a trusted one, everything is fine.

Believe it or not, Kaspersky is the most advanced AV on the planet.