Windows 7 Backup problem (Error 0x81000037) need help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jul12, Mar 10, 2016.

1. jul12

jul12 MDL Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #1 jul12, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Hello!

I have problems when making backup for data with Windows 7 Backup tool integrated in Windows 7. I make backup for data using one user (user is administrator) and all works fine without errors. I make backup to *.vhd file as separate disk with NTFS file system. Backup completed successfully. After this I logged in with other user (user is administrator too) and make backup with this user backup completed with error 0x81000037. What go wrong and how to solve this problem. I cannot find solution in the Internet. Whole Internet with this error description but what is correct solution for this problem?
    Hard disk is encrypted with Bitlocker.

Thank You!

Kind Regards!

2. SSE2

SSE2 MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2016
    Your backup system failed to read a shadow copy to backup successfully, so this error will occur, To resolve the issue, Open CMD by searching CMD in start menu, then type dir /al /s, then press enter, it should list all files and folders listed as Junction.

Do you have the mounted volume?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. woolie

woolie MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2014
    I have switched over to Paragon and Symantec backup for online machines as well as offline machines;
    I've only needed those programs for the online machines as the offline machines run fine...

It might be worth your time to investigate these and other backup programs for your self... :)