Windows 7 build 7260 RTM-BRANCH

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by torko26, Jun 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    Problably because it uses 7100/7201 loader and Windows Upgrade decides that is older than your current 7231.

2. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    been trying the method that was used to upgrade from the beta to the rc by editing the cversion file and changing the build numbers but doesnt work.anybody have any other ideas to try or clean install only option?

3. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    i posted a thread to see if anyone has a solution.keep checking back to see if there is one.

4. Sassafras_and_Moonshines

Dec 6, 2008
    has anyone tried a clean install instead of UPGRADE? do the RS links work (the one that says FABULOUS?

thanks

cheerio

5. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    i used the last ones back on page 7.was able to burn it okay but would not install as upgrade.im running version 7231.you might have better luck.just have to try it.(no havent tried clean install.dont want to start from scratch again just yet.maybe when the final release is out,after god knows how many more builds(ha)

6. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    well.bit the bullet and did a clean install(over my old xp partition.wasnt using it anyway)now running 3 versions of windows 7(7232,the official rc and the 7260(just installed)and also vista.anyways.everything went as usual.used beta keys.couple notes.should select get updates later while installing,also when it gets to the point expanding windows files,the computer will reboot at a certain point.remove the disc before it reboots,or the install will run again.just finished installing it so dont know if there are any bugs or not .good luck.have a good one.

7. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
  8. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    pizzaboy posted a solution on my thread-how to upgrade from version 7231 to 7260.heres how-when you put in the disc,select open folder to view files.will see setup.click on it once,then right click.click properties.click on the compatability tab.under compatibility mode,click in the box-run this program.select windows vista service pack 2.click apply,okay.now double click on the exe file to get install to run.(couple notes-choose not to get the latest updates.can get those later.and when the install gets to the expanding windows files part,the computer will reboot at a certain point.remove the disc before it rebbots,or install will run again.good luck.have a good one.

9. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Guys, After I download all these files, what am I suppose to do to combine them all so it is one complete ISO file? Could someone be kind enough to give me step by step instructions, please? I would greatly appreciate it.:p

thx

10. ferrari f-50

ferrari f-50 MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2009

i have this same problem. i need help with this also.

11. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    need to have a rar extracter like winrar installed(thats what i use.cant remember if windows seven has its own or not but you can try this and if it doesnt,download and install winrar.it isnt free,but can use free trial)to extract the files,just have to double click on the first file.select a folder to extract to.thats it.the other parts will extract automatically into one file in the folder(ie-your documents)you selected.hope this helps.have a good one.(sometimes extracting these kind of files may require a password which is usually provided by the person who posted them.not needed with these ones though)

12. ferrari f-50

ferrari f-50 MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2009

i have 12 different rar files. part 1-12 in winrar. do i extract every single one?

13. Sassafras_and_Moonshines

Dec 6, 2008
    as noted by greyaburton you only need to extract the file inside the first segment of 12.all twelve will automatically merge themselves into one. you can just drag the file somewhere you can easily access it or create a new folder were youll be saving the extracted file

14. ferrari f-50

ferrari f-50 MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2009
    i'm using nero 8. do you know how to burn the file to dvd using nero 8?

15. Sassafras_and_Moonshines

Dec 6, 2008
    no idea sir...the last nero verion i used is nero 5 hehehhe....i now use imgburn. its more reliable, easy to use and most of all its FREE hehehe...

cheerio

16. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009

Go to START\ALL PROGRAMS\NERO 8\NERO BURNING ROM and open.

The NEW COMPILATION window will open. Make sure there is a checkmark by NO MULTISESSION and DVD is pulled down from drop down menu on upper left hand side.

Click OPEN in NEW COMPILATION window and navigate to Windows 7 ISO file and open it with OPEN button.

Then burn.

17. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    i used version 8 cpouple times but didnt like it so went back to version 7.cant just burn the files to disc,have to burn as an image file.if i remember correctly,have to click on the backup option and select burn image to disc?in version 7(just to give you some idea)i just put my mouse over the backup option and select burn image to disc.then go through the steps to get to the windows file.also burn at 4x speed or your disc will not work.hope this helps.have a good one.

18. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    You don't need to burn an ISO.

Just copy the files to your hard drive and run it from there, Windows 7 uses the USMT 4, so it does a hard link migration of anything it needs to save, basically leaving the files in place while it upgrades.

As far as running in Vista SP2 mode, I would not recommend it on a Windows install, trying to fool 7 into using Vista APIs to install an OS is not a good idea. You are better off editing the cversion.ini and changing the build versions it will accept.

19. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    i tried changing that file but it wouldnt work.but using the compatability option did and everything installed right.