Windows 7: Can't connect to WPA2 Enterprise - settings are permanently re-set

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DAC324, Aug 31, 2015.

1. DAC324

DAC324 MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2014
    Hello all,

this is driving me nuts, also because of the fact that there seems to be no suitable information about that on the net.

I have a computer here that should connect to a WLAN using "WPA2 - Enterprise". For authentication, a computer certificate is used.
    If I set the authentication method to "computer authentication" in properties, security settings, the connection is just established fine. However, after a few moments, the connection is terminated and the authentication method is re-set to "user- or computer authentication".

This causes every connection attempt to fail with the message "A certificate is required for connection to [network name]".

If I then go to the properties of the network connection and set the authentication method to "computer authentication" again, the connection is again established for a few moments - until that setting is again "user- or computer authentication" and the game starts over from the beginning :(

What is causing that setting to be reverted again and again? Why is my manual configuration not saved?

Thank you very much for all help in advance and kind regards,

DAC324