Windows 7 DVD AIO kit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hazar, Jan 30, 2010.

1. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    VMware loads it differently. I noticed that with another AIO disk that it works perfectly in vmware but not in the normal bios boot environment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Loads it differently? It just loads the ISO as if it was a CD and runs everything on the processor like a normal CD. Sounds like you fluffed up the burn.

3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    He said he made a lite version of it, which implies that credit be given to the OP. He appologized for his english which leads me to believe that he may have concernes about getting his point accross, I don't think he is plagerizing anything. Give him the benifit of the doubt. I was able to remove the commands that were not needed, worked for me but someone else may benifit from the instructions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    The batch file wasn't even edited in that, so it still tries to copy RemoveWAT, also, the setupcomplete also still tries to run RemoveWAT.

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    IDK all I know is that I copied it the same way I always do and I only have issues with these AIO win7 disks. Everything else copies ok so IDK.

6. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Saying something like "VMWare loads it differently" isn't true though. People pay good money for VMWare and in a corporate environment it has to be a perfect simulation, and it always is.

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #68 sam3971, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    Well I really did not know. All I do know that if I attemt to run the ISO that is created from your script from a Disk(Already Burned) it works perfectly off of the disk but when I boot it up through my computer it only shows x32 and x64 Ultimate. The ironic thing is though is that when I tried to do this manually from instructions from another thread using many of the same commands(I think), it gave me the same exact results as your does, only showing Ultimate on the selection screen when I boot the cd up but worked in vmware. That is why I thought that maybe vmware boots slightly different then a normal bios would.

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #69 timesurfer, Feb 2, 2010
    Hi, I've renamed both ISO's and ran script as admin but it gives mean screen that says "1 or more ISO files is missing". I've put the ISO's in the folder. What might I be doing wrong? What folder exactly does the ISO's go in?

Thank You

9. Claysoft65

Claysoft65 MDL Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #70 Claysoft65, Feb 2, 2010
    Both your ISO files (named Windows732bit.iso and Windows764bit.iso) have to be in the Root of the AIOkit folder (together with START.CMD).
    So i think you just need to recheck that you exactly named the ISO files .

P.S. @ Hazar
    Dude, i have a couple of question and a couple of improvement to the script that i'd like to let you see before posting here.
    Please give a look at you PM.
    Clay

10. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    i had the same error......

you don't name them......... Windows732bit.iso
    Windows764bit.iso

name them ........................Windows732bit
    Windows764bit

leaveing out the ".iso"

11. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    guys.. you just dont get the point.

maybe itwas my bad english.

i dont rewrite the scripts to make an lite edition of this app. i just remove one line and the files that the scripts join to te final ISO. making this ob run faster (in about 5 ~20 minutes) to make the AIO ISO.

no credits was taken and my hapyness was that the AIO process take 7 minutes here without the updates and the removewat.

do you get the point?

again, sorry about my english.

12. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    So you effectively made the script do nothing?

It's the WIM mounting that takes the time. Everything else is seconds

13. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Hey Hazar, any other ideas on my problem with this? My last post was on page 7 :)

14. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #75 timesurfer, Feb 2, 2010
    I did have the .iso part still in the extension. I'm going to rename them now!

@Claysoft65 Thank you

p.s. It's working. Thanks again guys. :)

Edit: It installed fine in vb but it said 30days trial. What did I do wrong?

15. Fetishquest

Fetishquest MDL Novice

May 19, 2009
    I tried to do a 64 bit upgrade over an existing 64 bit install. It failed.

16. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    Hzar, no.

I removed the line that force the admin run of the script. It was not working here.

The paths of the files are there but you put some comands that the prompt "understand" that if there is no file on directory, the script goes on and run the other lines. So, the script just do the job but doesnt add the updates or the removewat.

The procedure take 7 minutes to be finished here.

I have an athlon x2 5000+, 4gb ddr800 (dual-channel), ati radeon hd 4650 and hdd 500gb.

The point is that we dont need the updates or the removewat to make the aio iso. And without theses files, the process take too short time to be done.

Get it?

I just upload the .zip file for the people who dont wanna download 70mb and dont care about making windows update and who wants to choose another method of activation.

The file has just about 590kb.

17. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Well, in my tests it was the WIM mounting that took all the time.

BTW if you aren't gonna copy over RemoveWAT you might want to remove the lines from the bat and delete setupcomplete.cmd too

18. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    relax. its not important to remove these lines.

the script just works fine.

and if i remove these lines maybe somebody here will think that i wanna take your credits with this scripts, and its not my point.

well, it just works fine and fast.

think about it: when i make windows 7, windows vista or windows xp lited the process takes a long time bcse the nlite / or vlite / rebuild all the ISO and reconfigure the paths. But in my case, the both ISOs (x86 and x64) already have the configs that i want and your script just "join" the files to make the AIO iso. So, I think that when the script join the updates in the ISOs it rebuild everyfile and then we have to wait a long time... but withou the joining updates, the scripts just put the files together. Maybe im wrong...

see ya..

/ oh my english, my poor english.. maybe i will try another methods of studies.. :p

19. Stix

Stix MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Thanks for this , works perfectly. :spoton: