Windows 7 DVD AIO kit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hazar, Jan 30, 2010.

1. kdo2milger

kdo2milger MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2010
    also i put this as a ReadMe.txt file in the root folder:

2. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    SP1 could tell it to look for hashes to their original dlls and such and if they dont match the hash then it will not work

3. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    question:

will your script turn an ultimate version into an all version as well?

4. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    last thing.

i didnt see a cmd script to cancel the process if someone wanted to stop it midway thru.

5. Claysoft65

Claysoft65 MDL Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #105 Claysoft65, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    kdo2, i do not understand your question... what do you mean for "an ultimate version" ?!?
    As usual here at MDL, we're always working with RTM UNTOUCHED ISOs, and they're ALWAYS FULL versions.
    The only thing that differ into those ISOs is the file EI.CFG, cause the INSTALL.WIM contains always all the 5 version into it (4 into the x64 ISO), so even if you
    have a STARTER RTM ISO, when you remove the EI.CFG file that ISO is exactly the same than any other one.

@ Hazar
    I do not think that it's a good idea adding the last WinUpdate (KB976972) that i saw you added into the new package... even if i'm pretty sure that you have it into your WinUpdate,
    it's just an HotFix ( only for computer that has an NVIDIA USB EHCI chipset and at least 4GB of RAM), and, just like any HotFix, it could happen to be a problem when used
    in an installation that do not suffer that specific problem and that do not have the exact HardWare configuration that this HotFix is written for...

6. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    n/m

i found the cmd line in the script of "start.cmd" file

7. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    What on earth is going here??!?! Everyone is trying to modify a little bit of this and a little bit of that. STOP it people. Do you want to modify it??? DO it, BUT KEEP it to yourselves !!!

8. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #108 kukubau, Feb 6, 2010
    @Hazar

Isn't REMOVEWAT suppose to be version 2.2.0.0? The one from AioKit is 2.1.3.1

edit: yeah just saw your post about the latest version.

9. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #109 kukubau, Feb 6, 2010
    You can't UPGRADE a x64 using an AIO dvd that IS BASED ON the x86 INSTALL.WIM. You should've known that. If not, I'm telling you now and others have told you already.

Thanks. I feel so much better.

10. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    #110 kdo2milger, Feb 6, 2010
    dont get me wrong i appreciate Hazars efforts, this has potential for do it yourselfers who like to have an aio for their own desktop, laptop, etc...

its merely advice and constructive criticism buddy;)

dont get too wrapped up around the axle :p

11. Claysoft65

Claysoft65 MDL Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Let me know, kukubau ... what's your real problem ? Cause what you said makes no sense...
    ...and being rude wasn't absolutely necessary...

Why don't you "KEEP it to yourself" all the BIOS SLIC Mods that you're doing ? Simple answer... cause there's someone that asked for it or maybe someone that could need it anyway, and, FIRST OF ALL, cause most of the people in a forum aren't able (or are just afraid of...) to make those same BIOS Mods by themselves... Don't you agree ?!?

This script is already pretty good for what it's aiming to, but i think that it could be improved a little bit more to make it more "user-friendly"...
    eg.:
    - Make it more "verbose", so that people will know better what it's working on in every moment ;
    - Give the User the possibility to use a different Faster Drive for Temporary Files and Mount (eg. a FAST USB Flash...) so that the global process could really be a lot shorter than now ;
    - Give the user the Choice to integrate or not all the WinUpdates and/or the Activation files (and maybe having a different name for the rebuilt ISO, based on their choices).

I'm pretty sure that it's not a problem for You to make those changes to the script... but... how many people do you think that ARE NOT able to do them by themselves ?!? And how many of them could instead be interested to something like that ?!?
    And, FIRST OF ALL, why shouldn't I share that kind of script with others ?!?

I think that this is usually the way things work in a good Forum (and this one is surely a GOOD one :worthy:) and sharing knowledge (like Hazar did), or ideas, or request to add is always the most important thing for user, IMHO... simple the best and easier think to work with...

Bye
    Clay

P.S. PLS kukubau, do not misunderstand me, my English is not so good as i wish, and maybe sometimes i didn't write things in the right manner. I have NOTHING against You, only against what you said...:p

12. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #112 kukubau, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    @Claysoft

You're mostly right.

What am I trying to say is that every guy who's posting here has to criticize the script for NOT doing what he thought it should do. If so, why didn't he thought of that in the first place?!?! We should remain humble and have the power of saying thanks.

Maybe delete @echo off line from the script->"verbose" scripting
    Delete the msu files or some of them from the "updates" folder so they won't integrate, not like some dude from here that asked twice if that is possible and Hazar answered him "twice" that "YES" it is possible. Waste of time.
    Modify
    to

or whatever you like. What is so hard?!?!? Is it?

If they are so eager to make observations (criticism) about the script's functionality they should be interested in digging through the script and change what they don't like.

P.S. I wish I had more free time to share some of the scripts I made with you. I have very little time as it is, but I want to share so you'll see I'm well intended. And being rude was the last thing I thought of.

13. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Peope, feel free to modify the scripts to your requirements, and you're free to post suggestions and ask how to change it to do what you want, but PLEASE keep the modded versiosn to yourself. No one wants a personalized script.

14. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    Thank you HAZAR. It seems my opinions are not only my own.:)

15. Claysoft65

Claysoft65 MDL Member

Sep 4, 2009
    @kukubau
    Dude, there's nothing really hard into modifing a batch script, we just need to know a little bit of it, so that we know WHAT and WHERE to search for... what I was aiming to explain is that this easy thing it's not surely the same for people that had never ever tried to do it, that do not absolutely know what they have to search for and so they cannot know where to search...
    So I really don't know why it's been so hard to add some new little options to make the script easier to manage...

Well, guys, if we just start looking a these words you said, this whole Topic SHOULD NEVER BE OPENED !!
    You could already create a script like this one only working on the already existing script by nononsence... so... what's the matter ?!?
    Sure, Hazar made some modification at it, a couple of good improvement and a lot of stuff removal from the original, but the idea which it's based on is still exactly the same...
    And even if it's working, that doesn't mean that it's working at the best of its possibility for its use by the "casual user"...

Do you really think that (looking at it with the eyes of a lot of "not-so-good-at-scripting-understanding" users...) is it better to open a new Topic, else than trying to obtain a better script starting from this one ?
    I really don't think so...
    Opening new Topic means that a User will have 3, 4... 10 Topics all related to a different "AIO DVD SCRIPT", and it shoudn't be the right choice, cause it will become just a big mess... don't you agree ?

I always try, falling into this kind of civil discussion, to left out my personal opinion, looking firstly for what it's the easiest and better way for the Community.
    I have only really few problem in understanding and modifing an existing script, but I'm also pretty sure that the vast majority do not have the necessary knowledge to put their hands into complex script without breaking it...
    Yes... some of them are just too lazy, I know... but if we stop sharing our experience and attempts with others, even those lazy guys will never have something to search for...

I can easily say (without being afraid to be contradicted) that if people in every Forum or Blog "kept the modded versions to themselves" for every new ideas, most of us would never had the same knowledge base than now.

I think now that we (or maybe it's just me...) went a bit /OT and I think that I won't try again to ask Hazar to modify the actual script (as it looks like it's his request...), and when I'm ready I'll open a new Topic, as it looks like it's the only way to let people knows that such kind of modification are possible even without the need to Edit the script with their own hands.

CU
    Clay

16. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    removed the script file Hazar.

is it possible you can create the same sript only without oem sllic. (using just the rwat and updates) i am a noob at this so for me its quite challenging.

17. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    Not enough sanity left to argue anymore.

As I am concerned, case closed.

19. Fetishquest

Fetishquest MDL Novice

May 19, 2009
    So if people take something and modify it then tell this forum about it, that is wrong. What if RemoveWAT was not published here, but he kept it to himself?

That is the same thing. Not everyone wants an activator or updates in an AIO disk. So they modify something and post about it to learn. That is good!

Some people need to keep their opinions to themselves.