Windows 7 Enterprise Activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tuxshazer, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAN_SCN_SUX

PAN_SCN_SUX MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    OK, hey thank you so much for the reply - sorry my post was so long winded! Is Cody's new toolkit the one I DL'd that is a dual Office and M$ Toolkit? (I can check and search for it here, I am not that lazy, but...) what I really need to know is do I "HAVE" to activate Windows and Office 2010 with Microsoft? Therein lied my troubles. I ended up going Ent. and VLK as for me, it worked so simply for so long - really no other reason, but now I have computers here that I just could never reinstall the apps and get the settings and such the same IYKWIM. Prior to reading the article about the Hotfix/KB that screwed everyone that I just "hid" in the updater, those instructions said absolutely validate. Right or wrong, I only recall validating ages ago (several years ago) Office 2010 I think, never the OS when it was ENT - VLK.

I'll get Cody's key if it is not already what I have. The Microsoft Toolkit comes up with an error and right now with no rearms I am 28 or so days OOBE...

I thank you for all the help. Many apologies if this was covered. I will post back within 30 minutes or so (add to this post) if everything magically works out so I don't cause you any more grief. Thanks again Tito.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. PAN_SCN_SUX

PAN_SCN_SUX MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    Thanks Tito. I had downloaded that .rar last evening and a bit ago just to be sure that was the same thread in doing so, I got hit with a man-in-the-middle attack from somewhere. No, not blaming - no clue what that was all about and frankly likely the best thing that could have happened as I was trying to resurrect a dying horse. This (other) machine here has done fine well, it complained once, but... - I've not been retarded enough to try and activate it. --> EVER! o_O

Anyhow, I do have the Microsoft toolkit that should be clean. All I really need to know is that I simply messed up by trying to activate it (with M$) rather than letting the AutoKMS service do its job as Cody meant it to, is that correct? The thread I was reading about regarding the hotfix that screwed folks applied to retail and other channels, not Enterprise running their own KMS service, is that correct?

I feel horrible for taking up time here because with 86 pages of posts this has to have been hashed and re-hashed, but my eyes last night when this happened got really tired after 10 to 20 pages of searches that did not get me the answers in a way my mind could handle at the time.

I can handle and love Cody's toolkit - you are just saying do as I always had, install use it and do nothing more - save perhaps catch that security patch that I did not install on anything anyhow as I have gotten to the point I figured something like that was coming down the pipeline.

Would this be a good synopsis? I do very much appreciate your help patience and expertise here and think that hopefully if anyone comes to this last page, this might be insightful, for after I had trouble with searches, I started parsing these giant threads backward.:biggrin:

Now all I have to do is figure out how to hack Windows 7 on that laptop again. hp did not want anyone doing such a thing. Jerks! I suppose as an afterthought, since it is a brand new laptop, I am totally afraid of the SLIC method, but would you advise I go with something other than W7 (x64) Ent? That is simply all I have used since day one for both Win 7 and Server 08/08R2.

Thanks.
    Pan&Scan = yucky - out... :(

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why are you afraid of Slic method a lot less hassle than using enterprise.

5. PAN_SCN_SUX

PAN_SCN_SUX MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    Hello Urie - nice avatar BTW. Am I getting so old that I've forgotten that the SLIC method injects the OEM "magic" into one's BIOS so those long lists of keys we have listed here can be used by the OEM's to preinstall, or use as a key for activation?

This is a brand new laptop with all the wrinkles of the UEFI BIOS crap I know nothing of other than I don't think I can even install any Linux distros on it the way it is set up and considering my curent situation, with one server here crippling along I won't turn off or update (due to having to try and re-boot it; it's shot...) and another super computer that is a boat anchor because all it does is eat PSU's and I've not the cash for a $500 PSU and then to have a partially custom made loom since the PSU sticks out past the connectors! ARGH...

See where I am at here. If anything goes wrong with a BIOS mod on a laptop, it turns it into a nice fast food platter. If the BIOS was removable (easily) or cash was not so tight these days it would be a different matter.

I've run several machines including one hp laptop with a SLIC BIOS mod (oh and lots in VM's...) but that was a computer I did not really use and would have been OK if it failed - which it did in short order for other reasons anyhow. Let me know if I have the SLIC method confused in my mind. I am not young like I once was...

6. gail01

gail01 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2013
    Hello prodigy,
    I messed up and let my Windows 7 Enterprise activation expire and now when I run activate.cmd at Step 4: Activation Status Check, I get a 'Notification Reason: 0xC004F200 <non-genuine> Please use slmgr.vbs /ato to activate and update KMS client information in order to update values.' error and it won't re-activate.

Could you give me guidance as to how to proceed? I've re-activated several times, but always before it expired and I don't know what to do. Beating myself up hasn't helped.

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  8. gail01

gail01 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2013
    Tito - was this MTKV241_1.zip file meant for me or in answer to someone else?

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Its for you!! ;)

10. gail01

gail01 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2013
    Thank you, Tito. Do I just install it? Or do I need to do something after that? I don't want to mess this up too. :confused:

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Just use the Windows section to activate your copy of Windows. For further information, just read the readme inside.

12. gail01

gail01 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2013
    Thanks so much, Tito. The kit wouldn't activate for me, but I used the REARM and it reset the activation period to 30 days and I was able to use activate.bat successfully to re-activate. I have set a reminder alarm for 179 days to remind me to re-activate again. Really, I can't thank you enough.:worthy::yeah:

13. kale

kale MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2008
    #853 kale, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    to activate 0xC004F035 you'll need both activators

0xC004F035 error is caused by incorrect slic table in bios
    see microsoft support kb942962 [sorry, i can't post links]

emulating slic [any loader/any slic, even for vista] seems to do the trick

ps
    i haven't found a way to force daz loader on win 7 enterprise
    so i've dug out an old [everyone's favourite] w7ldr by untermensch

-- edit --
    to clarify:
    kms is the activation method
    slic emulation is neaded to make client accept kms activation,
    otherwise it insists on mak or retail key

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    And you never will find a way to activate enterprise with daz loader it is not supported. In fact you will never activate windows 7 enterprise with any loader it does not use SLIC activation.

15. kale

kale MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2008
    certainly,
    but without slic emulator on such machine [fsc amilo pi]
    you can't use kms activation [as described in kb942962]

16. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    IMHO this is a special situation that should be considered in the Windows Loader. It must just be made clear that installing the Loader in this case means no Activation, but satisfies the precondition.

17. Vaas

Vaas MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2013
    Thank you for providing the source, this bat helped me to write my own Activator

18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It can be closed now.

:wheelchair: