Windows 7 Enterprise

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cornelius, May 26, 2011.

1. Cornelius

Cornelius MDL Novice

May 26, 2011
    Now, I bought a nice computer with windows 7 enterprise installed on it. Now it is working for about 1 month with no problem,now I see in my (black)screenit is not a genuine copy. What to do now. I am sort of shocked by this message but I hope Ill get the right advice on this site.
    Thanks

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    first thing is to call the seller unless it is not an official/legit seller. If the latter is the case then you will need to move to plan B which is to check the version you have, determine if it is untouched and whether a fresh install is needed.

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Bought from a shop or an individual? If a shop, Microsoft would be interested, Enterprise should only be seen in a corporate environment.

You'll need to either replace it with a retail/oem version, or find a way to activate Enterprise with a KMS server. Quite a lot of info available here for both methods, just start by reading the sticky threads.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Cornelius

Cornelius MDL Novice

May 26, 2011
    No sir I bought it from private person, a ad in a newspaper. But I am very new in this stuff, when I was working I had income, now it is hard layed off like many others in this country South Africa
    I will look around and try to find a solution. Thanks, but more advice very welcome.

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Sir, could you post your laptop specifications so maybe we can suggest you to download a a win 7 version from here other than Enterprise and activate it easily .