Windows 7 explorer for Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Tihiy, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    dual taskbars?

2. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

I gotta say it's kinda cool all of this but really, why bother with Windows 8 if you miss Windows 7 so much.
    I haven't waited all this time for Windows 8 to make it act and look like Windows 7.

Just enjoy the best Windows version ever and everything new it has to offer. Otherwise stick with 7.

3. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    seriously you are a senior member here
    why don't you just enjoy all your fancy dumbed down stuff and zip it instead of posting the same sh.... everywhere here

we want the new and fast combined with the productive interface of the past
    it's just that easy

4. vlad2989

vlad2989 MDL Novice

May 4, 2011
    1) No spell checker in IE9
    2) English is not my first language
    3) I really dont give a F*ck
    4) Y U Care so much ?? R u Engrlish Teeacher or somesing ? u shuld comme dawn, its no goood to streess layke this :movingtongue:

5. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Anyway enjoy your Frankenstein build while it lasts.

6. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    What's wrong with my mouth?
    not a single bad word in my post ;)

7. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

I was referring to your attitude son.

If you looked at my first post you didn't see me get upset would you?
    Just stated my opinion and wasn't really counting on getting flamed.

Maybe I just should leave this place again, might be best for all of us.

8. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    I was just tired of reading the same stuff over and over again.
    This is no religion that you have to defend. If we want to use it our way that should be ok.
    I hate what they have done to the windows interface. But I don't write annoying posts because you and others like the new windows. So why do you have to ask us over and over again and in different threads why we don't like and give as unwanted advice.

So now my attitude is bad? All I wanted to say is "please keep it to yourself"!

9. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    #69 Trinket, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    What about the 'knitting' remark you made to the lady who was asking about how to apply the files? That was downright horrible and Admin should chide you for that severely. In fact, I just reported you for you rude and inhumane tongue.

Otherwise I think this project is worth pursuing. I agree that Windows updates can reset explorer.exe, but even then it's good to find out what works and what doesn't, as the findings can perhaps be used in other ways than just replacement. So whatever information is found is good information, I would say, and so I would not try to dissuade anyone from finding out all they can about it.

10. Rand

Rand MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2007
    Does Aero Glass work with this?

11. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    #71 dummekuehe, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    The knitting thing had a longer history. Rude and inhumane? Seriously?
    You obviously don't know what that means. That might have been a bit cheeky but that's it.
    When did everybody become so thin-skinned? Must be that political correctness that's been going around for way too long.

12. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    I seriously doubt it, because explorer.exe doesn't have anything to do with transparency.

13. Trinket

Feb 20, 2010
    It would probably be more in line with your posts to put the blame on others when confronted with the distaste your words have left in their mouths, yes. As for political correctness, I've often found people who are reactionary against political correctness to be more offensive than those who just don't even think about it :movingtongue: I'm not necessarily politically correct myself, but yeah, if you're *interested* in knowing, you were distractingly rude and not even in a funny way. Just rude, really. So why tell others they are promoting political correctness while you yourself are being rude to people first? It doesn't make any sense to me at all. But, it's your world -- it's just when you mingle with others, it becomes 'our' world. Not just yours. Just saying :p

14. Nova

Nova MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    As in Taskbars on both monitors (if you have a multi-monitor setup).

15. Justice

Justice MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    Hey mate, I just wanted to say thank you for your work, you convinced me to give Win8 another try.

I've seen a lot of debate on the subject "why would one want Win8 with Win7 interface instead of just using Win7". Well, I like to think that there are two sides for every OS. There the performance side, the core, with all the speed and security improvements and all the new technologies, and there the interface sides, with all the graphics and eye appealing gimmicks. Yes, I want Windows 8's core, the performance and all the new stuff, but I want Windows 7's interface, which i think is more easy to use and more intuitive.

If Microsoft wanted to develop a next-gen OS, they should have made an OS with a very strong core, and should have left the interface side to be highly customizable, so that every user would have tailored it to suit his needs. Why not make Metro UI an option. Why force me to use a touch-based interface with mouse and keyboard?

What's even worse is that they want to put this new Metro UI into all their products. I am a programmer. I tried working with Visual Studio 2012 RC. How am I supposed to work 8 hours in a dev environment that is plain black/white. Same goes for Office 2013. This is not some sci-fi movie where everything needs to be made of plain colors and sharp edges. This is real life. I need to make my PC how I want it, not how M$ wants it.

Just my two cents.

16. Trinket

Feb 20, 2010
    Well said :cool:

17. jdm13

jdm13 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2010
    i cant understand why ms want soooo bad metro ... and why its force us to use it... i dont know.. what they drink and they dont give us...

ok now at point...

mate you can use shell32.dll from release preview version ... look at resource...
    h__p://i50.tinypic.com/6hluro.jpg

i didnt test it.. only if its logon if i change it.. and its log ..

18. Justice

Justice MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    Installed the patch last night, works fine, except for two issues that prevent me from using it.

1. I have a PPPOE connection and since the patch disables the MetroUI, i can't connect to the internet unless some applications pops the autoconnect dialog. (I think it's the same issue as with WiFi).

2. I can't modify the color of the taskbar. It remains gray i really can't stand that color for more than 2 minutes :)

19. haiduongbk

haiduongbk MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    thank you, it is working

20. mint403

mint403 MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2012
    Signed up to say thank you. Everything working good except the taskbar is permanently grey but that's no big deal. Can't wait for the RTM update! :worthy: