Windows 7 Explorer Search problem (Sometimes not highlighted founded phrase in color)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jul12, Mar 9, 2017.

1. jul12

jul12 MDL Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Hello!

I have problem in Windows 7 Explorer when searching phrase founded phrases are not highlighted in yellow. Any info how to solve this?
    Sometimes it is highlighted.

Thanks!

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Hi jul12.

Are you using any Windows Explorer enhancement programs? I'm using IvoSoft Classic Shell, and with an explorer search, I get boxes around the partial matches and file extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jul12

jul12 MDL Member

Jan 28, 2011
    No clean Windows 7 without third party enhanced tools.

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    What theme do you have set up? Is it a Metro theme?

Right-click on the desktop and choose "Personalization". Save your current them if it's not already saved and try to set it to Windows default theme (No effects at all)

If it works, then it has something to do with your current theme.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jeggg

jeggg MDL Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Go to Control Panel/Indexing Options/Advanced/Rebuild
    Rebuilding may take hours so take that into consideration/less time if you are not using PC while rebuild is working.

When rebuild is done a message with # of items indexed & Indexing complete will show at top of Indexing Opts window.
    Since there is no default option to reset index opts , this rebuild might help.