Windows 7 Games for Windows 8, 8.1 Multilanguage

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ElDiabl0, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Cindylloyd

Cindylloyd MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2017
    Hi, I can't see any links to the installer, could someone please help to post again

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jseigfreid

jseigfreid MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2017
    My wife's computer just got an update and gone were the games. Can't seem to get these links to work. Help

4. Cerne

Cerne MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2017
    i'm not the best at computers, but I am so happy to get the original solitaire back on my new W10. to everyone involved in these instructions thank you so so much!!!!

5. ray krebs

ray krebs MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2017
    These games run without any installation. You only have to unpack the file for example with 7-zip (also the File Windows 7 Games for Windows 10 and 8.exe)
    Then you found all the files for any game. If you don't need the "Game Explorer" you create a folder anywhere and copy for example solitaire in your created folder.
    Then you need additionally the CardGames.dll (folder $SYSDIR) . If you have no rights, then copy this file into every game folder, or at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CardGames.dll.
    Then you start the game out of that folder, or you may create a link to that game on the desktop.

Many thanks for this games.

6. But I did this and it still doesn't work.
    Have you tried this and can confirm that it works?

7. ray krebs

ray krebs MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2017
    Yes, for me it works under windows 10 64 Bit. I have unziped the files, copied the Solitaire folder to any drive an copied the CardGames.dll also at the Solitaire folder.
    With Solitaire.exe you can start the game. I also tried this on a usb stick.

8. I'm using Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64 and it doesn't work on either of them.
    Extracted the executable with 7-zip and copied CardGames.dll to Solitaire folder. When I start solitaire it does nothing (does not appear in task manager), appears to start it but closes immediately.

I also copied the entire content of $SYSDIR onto Solitaire folder and still nothing.

9. ray krebs

ray krebs MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2017
    For windows 7 you can use the original from MS. Whether these version work also on windows 8 or 8.1, i don't know.

10. So what I know so far is that these games will not work on 7 or 8 but will on windows 10?? I don't think they work on anything without patching them first. They use a damned version check.

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    try search in Winaero.com :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. So there's no way to make these games portable without patching the system?

13. rawstuff

rawstuff MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2016
    Excellent.... got my games back, no thanks to Microsoft. Must agree with others, that it wasn't obvious what to click on.
    Many thanks,
    rawstuff

14. The_Enigma

The_Enigma MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2017
    Excellent! working for me and I was even able to import the the game stats from the old windows 7 machine.

Thank again

15. presto1234

presto1234 MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2015
    Hello ElDiabl0,

When having your package installed and upgrading from Windows 10 build 1703 to build 1709 the game shortcuts were removed.
    I noticed the contents of "Microsoft Games" folder was copied over, but the folders were missing executables.

This happened on multiple installations.

I also noticed the version of the package in your post contains "Product Version: 1.1", but the current version is 2.0.

How come this happened?
    Hope you can work out something.

Thanks to everyone for their work.

16. Sharon Frazier

Sharon Frazier MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2017
    I am trying to check the components I want to install, but it won't let me check Mahjong Titans and uncheck the other components. What should I do?
    Thanks,
    Sharon Frazier

17. Jebin Matthew

Jebin Matthew MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2017
    It works for me, @Sharon Frazier

And I noticed that the graphics were distorted, had anyone felt the same? If yes, how would you resolve it?

18. FredEisenberg

FredEisenberg MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2017
    Having issues with Win10 build 1709 (Fall Creator's Update). Periodically, trying for a hint (specifically in Spider Solitiare), the program will crash. It keeps happening over and over again. The event is as follows:

Faulting application name: SpiderSolitaire.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc9f8
    Faulting module name: SpiderSolitaire.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc9f8
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000003441c
    Faulting process id: 0x2a80
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d37361b3b29b0e
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\SpiderSolitaire\SpiderSolitaire.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\SpiderSolitaire\SpiderSolitaire.exe
    Report Id: cbfc0c6d-952f-4851-93ed-94a4295388aa
    Faulting package full name:

This never happened before the Fall update. Ideas?

19. Nosmo King

Nosmo King MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2017
    Maybe you should check before berating another member - The link is dead

20. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009