Windows 7 Hotfix repository

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SoLoR, May 22, 2010.

1. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    #3901 tomorrow, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Not sure about the easiest but defenetly the most reccomended.

Yes. Atleast on burfadel's script works fine. That's the only change you have to make in the script. Once it's done place the script in the same folder as all the updates and launch the script and select C --> 1
    All applicable updated will be integrated into the WIM image designated by
    Code:
    %dism% /Image:<mount point> /NoRestart /Add-Package %ldr%
    where as in the unmodified script the line is
    Code:
    %dism% /Online /NoRestart /Add-Package %ldr%
    . Line 252 in v22 of the script. if im not mistaken this also installs GDR versions to satisfy WU. If you want to integrate LDR exclusively you have to use the experimental v23 script and copy "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb" from your old install to the new one to mass-hide GDR and superseded updates WU is offering.

No need for this. Root only. Include subfolder updates depending on what you need.

2. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    V22 of the script always installed the GDR versions and LDR versions if available. Anything showing in WU after using V22 are updates that aren't installed. If you used the latest updates as per the repository, it would mean either they were just released and not as yet added to the repository or are superseded so aren't included in the repository. Updates that are distributed by Windowsupdate like to have the GDR version installed to. I believe it may be to do with the LDR version having the _BF designation, so the update isn't picked up by WU. This could be an oversight by Microsoft, or done on purpose, either way its just a waste of a little space and an annoyance!

V23 of the script will install both the GDR and LDR versions of updates (if they are present of course) that are also on Windowsupdate to satisfy the Windowsupdate requirement. I believe I have listed all of them, but if there are any remaining feel free to say so. I will probably upload a refresh each month when patch Tuesday comes around, seeing thats the most likely time updates are added. It won't harm not having the GDR updates, it would be purely to satisfy Windowsupdate.

The way the info check is done for the GDR to satisfy Windowsupdate in the tools section and the update section is different, but the result is effectively the same :).

The current version of V23 uploaded (the one with 'refresh' in the download name) is the final version, when extracted it just has the V23. Using this should hide those updates in Windowsupdate whilst still saving you space. Note also for updates that have GDR and LDR versions, if you run the update in straight .msu form it will want to install, because it would just be installing the GDR version. This serves no purpose :). If you really want to check if an update is installed, use option 2 in the cab install options as this will only install updates that aren't already installed, and will also work installing new versions of existing updates!

For integration, I believe a fresh image would have to be done every time as updates can't be removed? (this is part question, part statement)! Integration is really only beneficial if installing on several computers, or after installation time is very time sensitive such that you can't afford the time to install the updates post installation. That said, I do still plan to add integration to the installer at some stage... :)

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @burfadel

Can u pls add the link of the latest version of script in ur sig?? So it can easily be spotted ;) :D

4. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Done... :)

5. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Installer For Windows Updates v23
    ------------------------------------------

Uploaded v23b of the Installer for Windows Updates.

Changes:
    ----------
    - Made Information and Smartupdate description pages neater
    - Fixed the incorrect path for netsh in the systemtweaks. No harm, just meant that particular tweak wouldn't have been applied
    - Added a link to the download folder in the tools menu

6. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    I added some updates, i know they are not all that where released, ill add rest of them on sunday/monday when i will also made new package, if someone finds any superseded updates in current list let me know...

7. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Thanks for the update SoLoR- that must've been a lot of work, considering how many there were.

I do see a couple that can be removed- 2635038 is superseded by 2645609, and 2619572 is superseded by 2649868. All are in the repo currently.

8. Cipherfx

Cipherfx MDL Junior Member

Apr 13, 2011
    @shon3i

Where can I download your updated VC++ Runtime?

9. Th3On3

Th3On3 MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2012
    Please forgive my ignorance on the subject. But shouldn't the following updates be added to a separate AMD folder when downloaded, or made "optional" when downloading through WIM as the following only apply to systems with AMD processors, but are included in your update packs, not stating that they shouldn't be, but those users using Intel systems may unknowingly install them, it is unknown to me if this will cause an issue, but the 'updates" installed would serve no purpose so to say on non AMD systems.

KB2646060
    KB2645594

10. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    I have them installed on a P67+Core i5 2500K system. No problems as of yet.

11. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Those two updates contain the AMD resolutions, and will be part of Service Pack 2 anyway. Later LDR versions of the updated files will have the fixes included, and if using GDR updates where LDR updates are available... well, that defeats the whole purpose of using the repository in the first place!

Even though files may include the changes relating to the KB article, they also contain previous KB article changes and fixes. LDR versions contain all previous fixes whilst GDR updates contain fewer.

In any case, it shouldn't affect Intel users, and if you want to go without the changes the only way you can do that is to stick to a previous update of the kernel and never to install updates that also update the kernel, or install SP2, or use Windows 8...!

12. adric

adric MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2009
    In reference to Solor's Update html is my understanding correct with the following assumptions?

When a GDR/LDR (black) fix replaces an LDR (purple) fix, the LDR fix becomes a placeholder.

When you only install Solor's root fixes GDR/LDR(black) and LDR (purple), only the GDR branch
    from the GDR/LDR (black) fixes are installed plus the other LDR (purple) ones.

When you install the LDR placeholders along with the root fixes, you will end up with the LDR
    branch of all fixes.

When using burf's Update cmd with root+ldr placeholders, some GDR fixes will be kept to satisfy WU.

I hope I'm understanding :eek:

13. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    You don't need the LDR placeholders with my script, it automatically installs LDR fixes where available :) The rest of what you said seems correct!

14. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    true, thanks... i will fix it on next update. about all updates in repo, they are not i know for at least one more that i already have but its not added, there is KB2610379 v2 available.

15. shon3i

shon3i MDL Junior Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Be patient for few days, i am currently busy with some other things. Thanks

16. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011