Windows 7 - I wonder ??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tnx, Sep 4, 2009.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi all, well i have this little niggle in the back of my mind about activating Windows 7.
    Wellllll, it aint even out yet.
    Do you not think M.Soft will find it odd some folks are updating there Windows 7 and they have legit versions.
    Surely they will be able to tell,wont they.
    Would it be better to hold off installing this till after an official launch and you can buy a machine with it already installed.

Is it only me thinks about this..

ohh yes...

Will anybody mod my Abit BIOS...ohhhh had to slip that in...:rolleyes:

2. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Except it -IS- out already...
    It's been out on TechNet for a month now.

Of course.. those are all retail keys, not OEM (correct me if I'm wrong).
    But does MS check the key type when you get updates? or just if it's valid?

3. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    First, mod requests aren't done here, and you need to provide more info.
    Second, people are already activating multiple copies of Windows 7, completely legally (MSDN subscribers + Beta testers), so if you activate your Windows 7 it won't be suspicious, unless you use a loader, and Microsoft finds a clever way to detect that. The safest way is to bios mod and use a SLP OEM key. Microsoft can't blacklist these keys, and you're "set" for life with that activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    firstly..

sounds good. Will probebly sling it in my Asrock machine..Allready SLIC 2.1

sorry for slipping the other one in. My mod request is up in the right place,
    just nobody doing it...tn sad...:rolleyes:

I just was holding back from installing it.:)

5. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Sorry for slipping my BIOS mod request,it is in the proper request thread but i gues i was been rather impatient.

I have no worries in flashing my machines. have done so get fully activated XP and Vista. So i recon my mind is put at ease reading your post so i recon i will try installing Windows 7 onto my Asrock machine,which has just been flashed with SLIC 2.1. to see if all works well.

Cheers for the replys guys...

I am a naturally suspicious person but now i feel better about installin Windows 7..

6. ammarman

ammarman MDL Member

Jul 17, 2009
    what if Microsoft decided to check the signature of the BIOS to see if it's modded or not, can they do that ??

7. JohnnyRebel

JohnnyRebel MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    bill gates is secretly inside your computer now ammarman... hes watching you mod your bios and taking notes of all the loaders you have tried... hes gonna get ya ammarman... hes gonna get you!!!

8. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    How many M$ employees does it take to check if every machine with XP, Vista and Windows 7 is legit ??????????????

The truth is they don't even care.

And by the way they stole the "activation" idea from another company called Uniloc who just won a $388 million award against them. :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I guess most of the Manufacturers' machines could have been activated and shipped in preparation for the launch of Windows 7 in October.