Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Atak_Snajpera, Feb 2, 2018.

1. handycoolman

handycoolman MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2018
    No it does not work with some non english isos as french isos.
    i had the same problem, i had to edit french writing language of win7 editions to english language to solve this issue.

2. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera MDL Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Yes it does ;) Works even with ukrainian language. (Cyrillic fonts in edition selection window will be messed up but rest will function as usual )

3. handycoolman

handycoolman MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2018
    #283 handycoolman, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    but not with French iso language.
    You can test it by yourself and you will see.
    As i said, i had to extract install.wim from the iso then use gimagex to change the lanuage of all win7 editions to english language, replaced the old install.wim by the new one, rebuild the iso, run the tool again and the problem was solved, the error message dispappeared and all the integration process could be done successfully.

4. molecule

molecule MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2012
  5. molecule

molecule MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2012
    I have 208GB free on target E drive, and 56G free on C drive ... both larger than 20G said required ... at 20G should include most updates ... but then I doubt 7z could be compressing 20G of msu's and cabs down to 1.2G ?

I ran latest MS malicious software tool for XP and fresh malware bytes, and ran virus check in recent PartedMagic (linux cd boot) ... all report no viruses

6. Joe K

Joe K MDL Novice

May 24, 2018
    Guys I have literally tried everything to make Windows 7 install on my H370. I purchased a PCIe USB3.0 board, the same one as recommended in this thread, except the one with only 4 ports. I used the tool to import all drivers. Latest BIOS. ASUS Strix H370-I.

I tried with xhci hand off enabled and disabled. Right when the Windows setup starts, all USB functionality dies. CSM-Legacy mode enabled. The USB hub is recognized in the BIOS as a separate XHCI controller. SATA power connected. Used Rufus to create the bootable USB.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I confirmed that the controller I bought uses Fresco Logic USB controller driver, the exact same driver as the one recommended in this thread...

7. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Got a cd/dvd/blu ray drive? Pop the driver disc in and try again. I cant promise it will work but sometimes mother luck smiles down.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Did you put the drivers into the boot wim - microsoft windows setup aswell as the install wim?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Joe K

Joe K MDL Novice

May 24, 2018
    I used the tool in this thread which automatically adds them both files. Also, I tried DISM GUI to manually add the Fresco Logic USB drivers to boot.wim and install.wim, the same result -- the mouse and keyword die right when Windows setup loads. Mouse, keyboard, and Windows 7 install USB are all plugged into the PCIe USB controller. I've looked everywhere in the BIOS, the only options under USB are Legacy USB Support, which has to be enabled for USB 3.0 support, and XHCI Hands-off, which I've tried both enabled and disabled.

10. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Try using a usb2 port instead. Eeven if you dont have usb2 ports on the back plate you will usually have 2 usb2 motherboards headers at the bottom of the board. 2 headers will give you 4 usb2 ports if you use a usb2 backplate. They are rushing to get rid of usb2 when a lot of stuff still uses it. I always use usb2 to install w7.

11. Joe K

Joe K MDL Novice

May 24, 2018
    ... I literally dissected my old case last night, got out the USB top plate, and manually plugged it into my new motherboard... USB 2.0 does the exact same thing, and it was a giant waste of time. The H370 boards apparently have a new, custom Intel PCH which is why at the beginning of the thread, he mentions an external PCIe USB 3.0 card is required.

12. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Last resort, install from dvd using a sata port, not usb :D

13. Joe K

Joe K MDL Novice

May 24, 2018
    The only DVD I have is Home Premium x64... basically the absolute last resort would be to pull the DVD drive out of my old PC, pull the top plate, and install Home Premium x64 using DVD + USB then upgrade to Pro. But I just wasted $30 on this USB 3.0 Controller... because this thread said that's what was required with H370 boards. So I really don't understand why it's not working.

I'm going to try resetting the BIOS to pre-update and see if any other options are available that they removed in the latest BIOS.

14. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Nothing worse than realising you may have wasted money. I will walk away now because i dont know how to sort your problem, hopefully other intel users can help you out, best of luck Joe :)

15. Joe K

Joe K MDL Novice

May 24, 2018
    I may just have to use one of the Windows 10 LTSB keys that I bought... I really, really hate Windows 10... but I mean, I know a lot about this stuff and I'm completely stumped.

16. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    ps2 mouse and keyboard, install from an internal dvd drive attached to a sata port and pray like a sinner. :haha:

17. Joe K

Joe K MDL Novice

May 24, 2018
    Further troubleshooting. When the Windows installation starts -- if I plug in my mouse / keyboard into one of the internal USB 3.1 ports on the rear motherboard, the mouse/keyboard light up but don't function. However, if I plug them into the Fresco USB controller, they don't even light up at all. Not sure if this is relevant.