Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Atak_Snajpera, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera MDL Member

Feb 2, 2018
  2. RickGK

RickGK MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2018
    So tell me. The USB 3. install worked on your H370 ? How did you install the modified win 7 on your machine? I have an Asus Tuff gaming pro H370 machine with the Intel anniversary 8086 cpu on its way and I made a modified win7 install iso using the Windows 7 image updater that we are discussing here. Do does the PCIe usb card work now that you have Win 7 installed on your machine?

3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RickGK

RickGK MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2018
    Okay thanks. I guess I'll try it with the pci e add in card for usb 3. Win 7 will be for my 2'nd or 3'rd boot option. Win 10, Win 7, Ubuntu boot options. I can install win 7 with the ps2 keyboard and will run win 7 without any usb ports if the pci e card decides not to work after win 7 install.

Great tool, Atak. I used your Win 7 image updater tool and checked all options. It worked fine with no errors. Thank you for this.

5. jonesy561

jonesy561 MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2018
    currentely used the tool. Had an issue trying to get windows 7 installed my kb/mouse didnt work. Hopefully this fixes it!

6. RickGK

RickGK MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2018
    I used the tool to create a usb install of win7 pro on a coffee lake machine. When running Win7 the only usb port(s) that work is the pci-e card that I installed that runs its own usb drivers. Other then that the system works fine running Win7 on an i7-8086 coffee lake cpu and motherboard. Formatted the win 7 boot disk as mbr. UEFI set to legacy and compatible mode. (usb 3 gen 2,the xhci Gen 2 )

You can change the win 7 boot drive to gpt after you have activated windows if you want to be able to boot into win7 from UEFI and enable some of the other features that normally requiring win10 and but I haven't tested that. Irregardless all of the usbports on the motherboard will not work as Intel has not released the driver(s) code for the gen 2 motherboards.

7. gahbahj

gahbahj MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    thanks! this made my win7 fresh install much easier with msi x470 mb ryzen 2700x. most everything was there except usb drivers & some encryption driver i'm not sure if i care about. started with hirens winPE boot usb drive in a 2.0 slot which has 3.x usb drivers that work to which i copied samsung m2 ssd drivers for raw OS disk. with the updated iso on another 3.x usb drive i installed win7 using usb KB & mouse. the MB has a ps2 port which i used for KB once win7 loaded w/o usb drivers. i restarted one more time with hirens usb to copy amd/ryzen usb drivers to the m2. back to win7 to install drivers & run win update (hiding the crapware updates) for a few things to finish install. definitely saved an hour or 2 of actual work & 2-3 more hours of waiting while pc crunches updates.

8. RickGK

RickGK MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2018
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. With the Ryzen does everything work including the usb 3 ports? I found the tool to be very helpful and easy to use.

9. Konfl1kt

Konfl1kt MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2018
    I got blue screen during Windows 7 installation on my Ryzen 2400g PC. Can you help me please?

10. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera MDL Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Apu Ryzen on win7 is a dead end. AMD did a pretty good job to block win7 installation on this cpu. They are even more efective than intel in this case ;)

11. Konfl1kt

Konfl1kt MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2018
    My goal is Windows 10. So, no way to use slic activation?

12. klinexman

klinexman MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2018
    No.
    slic = windows 7
    MSDM = windows8.1/10.

13. klinexman

klinexman MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2018
    That is really a great tool, i was looking for something like that for a while and i found it here by chance.
    Thank you for this upload.

14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Who? Who can do a similar tool for Windows 8.1? Is that you the one @Atak_Snajpera ?
    I don't like W7.
    Windows 8.1 is great for many. Well not that many but sufficient people out there.

15. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Yeah, maybe I was asking beforehand without actually trying in newer systems. Thanks @rayleigh_otter

16. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    Sometimes you only know from perosnal experience. I was expecting to use 10 but i had 8.1 u3 so i thought i would give it a try and bingo. I installed a chipset inf pack from win-raid and it installed without any errors. The only bummer is there wont be a driver for the igpu which may be a issue for some but i got a gt710 that is supported.

If you dont really want to use 10 get an 8.1 iso and copy it to usb and try to install. How difficult is that and it dont take long so its worth giving it a try.

17. garf02

garf02 MDL Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Is not possibile to upload the file
    Windows_7_Image_Update.7z
    on other host?
    Mediafire downloading this file corrupt

18. klinexman

klinexman MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2018
    the problem is from your side because i was able to download and unzip the file through mediafire without difficulty.
    i think that this can be caused by a corrupted download, so i suggest to download the file again using internet download manager.