Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Atak_Snajpera, Feb 2, 2018.

1. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Hi,

@Atak_Snajpera : Sir,
    1.Thanks for the quick & prompt response! It seems you have given me the clue that will enable me to control the things from remote. Much appreciated. I will report back once done.
    2. Its quite informative & I understand all your concerns about x86 install but, my friend has taken a rather complicated path. Using PAE to make OS see the full 8GB Ram, Then he wants to run a 64-bit Linux VM within his 32-bit Windows to do video encoding with the best codec. He would dedicate the excess RAM to that VM. And it's not my pc, let him experiment & find his truth!

Many thanks for the super tool.

@lolnothankyou : Sir,
    Thanks for the time & effort you took to help me. But he is only interested in x86!

Thanks & Regards. ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera MDL Member

Feb 2, 2018
    no. Install x64 OS and stop kicking with the horse. 64 bit win7 is superior in every way.

4. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    Hi,
    Sir,
    Thanks for the wonderful utility & help.

Thanks & Regards. ...

5. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
  6. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Hello Atak_Snajpera,

Thank you for sharing your obviously brilliant tool.

I have not used it yet, to be honest. I have not even bought the hardware. That is why I am researching intently.

I have a question regarding Coffee Lake.

Is your tool required to get these drivers installed?

(Chipset/ AHCI/ RAID/ NVMe)

That is to say, can they be installed via Device Manager after the OS is running, or is it absolutely mandatory that they be injected into the OS before it is installed?

I think I have found every possible driver required for the Z370 chipset, so I might not need to use your tool if they can be installed after the OS is working.

I am just trying to define what methodology I should use before I spend my money on the hardware.

Thank you for all your efforts!

7. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera MDL Member

Feb 2, 2018
    You really like to complicate your life. Why not to have all drivers and updates installed already? What do you gain? If you need to integrate USB drivers then why not the rest of needed drivers?

8. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    I can not defy your logic. Thank you, sir.

9. Pir8pete

Pir8pete MDL Member

Nov 15, 2018
    can this tool be used on Windows_7_Ultimate_with_SP1_x64_(media refresh)_X17-59465.iso ??

would I need to un-check Integrate updated installer? as this is what "media refresh" is all about, the same thing?

and say I leave it checked, it doesn't hurt anything?

Also I'm getting this error;

----------------[ UPDATING WuaCpuFix64.dll ]----------------
    [2018-12-15 15:06:52] Sending request to xxxxx://codeload.github.com/p-lider/WuaCpuFix/zip/master
    [2018-12-15 15:06:53] ERROR! NO CONNECTION.

10. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    if your iso is already updated i see no reason why you would reintegrate the updates using the tool so yes uncheck integrate update installer would be logical in your case.

11. Pir8pete

Pir8pete MDL Member

Nov 15, 2018
    ok, and what about that error?

12. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    i don't know, make sure that "WuaCpuFix64.dll" is present in the tool sub folder wuacpufix, maybe your AV detected it as infection and removed it.
    better wait for the tool's creator to answer about this.

13. jduckk

jduckk MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2015
    #393 jduckk, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I was trying to install Windows 7 on my new z390 motherboard but my mouse and keyboard wasn't working. I found this post and patched my ISO with Integrated updated installer + Integrate Drivers and everything else unchecked.

The mouse and keyboard now works and the install went through fine but once It reboots to the Windows OS after the setup for first time. The keyboard no longer and mouse no longer works after the Installation is successful and gets to the set a name for this PC part

14. Pir8pete

Pir8pete MDL Member

Nov 15, 2018
    I can put the address xxxxx://codeload.github.com/p-lider/WuaCpuFix/zip/master in firefox and it downloads just fine so my AVG is not blocking it, so I dunno

15. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    first make sure that WuaCpuFix64.dll is present in windows 7 image updater folder at windows7\import\windows\setup\scripts\WuaCpuFix

16. Pir8pete

Pir8pete MDL Member

Nov 15, 2018
    i checked it's in there, so i guess it's all good thx

17. jduckk

jduckk MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2015
  18. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    i really don't know what causes this error, i was hoping that the creator of the tool was going to answer about this issue and give you the solution to fix this because i am curious to know the reason but still no answer from him so far

Meanwhile, start by uncheck "integrate update installer" option and start again the process.
    if you get the same error, find an original iso not refreshed not updated and this time check "integrate update installer" option and start again the process and see what happens.

19. jduckk

jduckk MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2015