Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Atak_Snajpera, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Arctucas

Arctucas MDL Novice

May 18, 2019
    USB connected mouse/keyboard? Do you have AsMedia USB ports? If so, try that.

2. younoknowme

younoknowme MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2016
    Yep all USB my motherboard doesnt have a PS/2 port, and unfortunately no, only the intel USB ports, even the USB 2.0 runs off the chipset. its a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO. it's so strange the mouse and keyboard work in the setup.

3. Mick Pago

Mick Pago MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2019
    Any driver for INTEL RST (RAID0,1..) WIN 7? THX (i9-9900k)

4. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera MDL Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Have you read first post?

5. Arctucas

Arctucas MDL Novice

May 18, 2019
    Bummer, you probably need an add-in USB card.

6. Arctucas

Arctucas MDL Novice

May 18, 2019
    Good luck with that, I thought I was on the trail, but no luck.

7. arcadiabay

arcadiabay MDL Novice

May 8, 2016
    Hello, thank you for this great tool. I built an iso with all the updates, drivers, from a X17-59009 image (W7 Home 64b French). I tried to install it on a Asus FX705DD laptop (Ryzen 5 3550H + Geforce 1050). The installation seems to be ok (i can choose my partition and the installation goes to the end (100%) but after reboot it freezes during the setup step. I tried to reboot in safe mode but the computer stops when launching ahcix64.sys file. I tested the installation twice with a sata ssd and a m.2 nvme ssd : same result. The bios only proposes Ahci mode and not IDE. When booting i can choose to boot the media (usb key) in UEFI and not UEFI. I don't have any CSM option in bios. But i have a secure boot option and it is already disabled. Do you have an idea about this issue ?

8. chumacher

chumacher MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2019
    Hi!
    New to the forums, hello everyone.
    I'm curious about the windows 7 installation to UEFI machines like mine ROG strix GL703GM which has no CSM support, or maybe it has but ASUS has disabled it and hidden it from BIOS

But could it be possible to make windows 7 work in this machine with combining things in this guide and in this

woshub.com/how-to-create-uefi-bootable-usb-drive-to-install-windows-7/

or is there something that will prevent the whole dream.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Win 7 needs at least some sort of compatibility support to be able to run on (U)EFI, no CSM should mean, not able to run 7 on.

10. chumacher

chumacher MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2019
    well why I can find youtube videos about people installing windows 7 to machines without CSM support? are you sure your knowledge is up to par?

youtube.com/watch?v=D0vV46nDoAY

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #656 Enthousiast, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    What he shows i can reproduce on a system with disabled CSM (with a simple fat32 formatted USB) but at the first or second reboot it won't go thru.

We have discussed this to death replying on the many posts by mehdiblue (seemed to be obsessed by win 7 and (U)EFI), one workaround was posted (not shown by the video), but that one got some replies from which i concluded it's not a good idea to do.

ps, can you tell me the part where he disables CSM?

12. chumacher

chumacher MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2019
    what is the reason
    well atleast in my machine ASUS has hidden the whole CSM support. you cant even see the option there.

what about this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=NOvLNA2yqTw

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  14. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    That's a serious question to ask, especially when you yourself can't tell the difference between the original windows 7 installation environment and the one from windows 10(or 8.1).
    First video you linked proves nothing - it's windows 7 install.wim(or .esd) crammed into a windows 10 iso, hence the windows 10 installation environment, which would run perfectly fine during installation in a UEFI environment with NO csm, but after the first reboot(which the video conveniently doesn't show) the machine will NOT boot.
    Second video is a mess, not to mention in a language most of us don't understand, and shows csm enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. chumacher

chumacher MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2019
    I did not mean to be rude, it's just the way we finnish people are. straight forward. sorry for everything won't bother you anymore.