Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Atak_Snajpera, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Fisk

Fisk MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2010
    I'm getting a lot of error popups for the log generation process, I think? The funny part is, the tool is creating and updating the log file but this error pops up almost every 2s. I'm currently running Win7 x64 Ult Eng with JP locale
    I'm running the tool from C:\Windows_7_Image_Updater and my ISO is on C:\

Edit: The tool is doing its job apparently but I have to click Ok each time. Also, no errors related to this window are being logged in the log.txt

Attached Files:

2. NoTears

NoTears MDL Member

Aug 24, 2020
    If i go by the error message, It seems to me that the iso you're using to integrate updates and drivers is opened while the tool is running and performing the update and driver integration so make sure that the iso is closed before running the tool.

3. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera MDL Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Antiviruses act like viruses? Why I'm not even surprised...

4. Magiklair

Magiklair MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2020
    Hello,
    thanks for the tool. This could be a lifesaver for me. I bought a new PC and has Windows 10. Unfortunately, I cannot use it with an environmental control. Freezes every hour..

My question is when I run the updater with a Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit ISO, it does not prompt me to select certain editions. I have observed the tool in action and see it going through Window starter, basic, home, professional and then ultimate.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

5. bloodius

bloodius MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2015
    You have to uncheck the "Apply to all editions" .

6. ianl07

ianl07 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2020
    A wonderful tool - I've used it several times for an updated installation of Win7 Pro SP1. I particularly appreciate the immediate USB3 support in the booted Win10 PE environment for mouse/keyboard input and the very usefully long list of drivers.

But has advance in SSD to NVMe models outflanked it to a degree ?

For a Win7 install to "see" an NVMe SSD to install to, two (2) kbxxxx.msu files need to be integrated into the installing ISO prior to starting installation. These are:

kb2990941-v3-x64.msu
    kb3087873-v2-x64.msu

These cannot just be added to \Updates\6.1.7601_x64.txt because that text file lists the updates to be downloaded from the MS depository for integration - and MS has removed them from this depository, so calling for their download just stops the ISO development in its' tracks.

Most people who are aware of this hole in the MS depository have found copies of the kbxxxx.msu's and archived them safely away.

How then to integrate these two files in the installation ISO formed from this Updater tool ?

7. ianl07

ianl07 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2020
    OK, thanks greatly, haz367

8. haz367

haz367 MDL Addicted

Jan 11, 2020
    If it only produce an ISO..That would be great :p

Seems it depends on the settings used? Every time after adding all updates, it unmounts the WIM and removes everything and no ISO build.....

9. ianl07

ianl07 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2020
    Yes, I just use an earlier version that does produce a usefu ISO. I just swap in updated drivers for hardware I have (eg. Micron NVMe from October 2020) and add msu's to the 6.1.7601_x64.txt in Updates sub-folder.

That last bit about msu's is why I was after the line to add the kb2990941.msu file.

10. Bongo Ognob

Bongo Ognob MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2021
  11. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera MDL Member

Feb 2, 2018
  12. zlnn

zlnn MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2021
    Since we are at the subject, I have managed to install win7 on my msi mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi ( thanks to atak snajpera's updater and flash boot pro combined), but now the only thing not working is my logitech g213 keyboard, despite the fact I can just plug in my logitech gaming mouse or pen drives and them working flawlessly.
    I just wanted to ask if anyone has encountered the same issue here, otherwise I'll have to keep using my old ednet PS/2 keyboard.