Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Atak_Snajpera, Feb 2, 2018.

1. DJdonmaton

DJdonmaton MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2016
    the windows 7 image updater in its latest version doesn't already have bugs? No missing updates? It is to know why if something is missing to download it and avoid problems :rolleyes::)

2. Moline

Moline MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2018
    Quick question regarding this. I have an Acer Aspire A315-21 with AMD A6 Processor and AMD Radeon R4 Stoney Ridge graphics (Device manager reports PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_98E4&REV_EB). Will this tool work with Radeon graphics/processors?

3. horusrogue

horusrogue MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2021
    I keep attempting to edit my bone stock image but it keeps failing. Tried it on Windows 7 with SP1 and on W10. Both times I receive an error log with DISM Error 2.

I looked into the DISM log further and see: StateStoreGetMountedImageWimbootEntries:(1191): Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation.

Both systems have 8 or 16 GB of ram accessible to the system. Any ideas how two different systems both failed? Is it the ISO itself?

4. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera MDL Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Did you change something regarding virtual memory aka SWAP file size? Make sure IT is set to auto.

5. horusrogue

horusrogue MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2021
    #765 horusrogue, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    I actually had it set to auto for both systems and then manually tried to increase it to test. Both sets of conditions failed. We're discussing the Virtual Page File within Advanced System Settings, correct?
    Both systems have a higher than required version of DISM. The W10 system is completely bone stock, the W7 system has been running for a few months.

Edit: For reference, I am using `WIN7_7600AIO.iso` that was acquired from MSDN years ago. That said, I am de-selecting "all other versions" and only selecting `Win7 x64 Pro` during the setup.

The ISO has being attempted to be generated on an SSD, a 7200 RPM drive, and an NVME drive all with > 20GB of free space.

Update: I was able to complete the process on W10 by using the ISO the application downloads, and initially NOT CHECKING [ Integrate drivers ]. I did a second pass with that and it has generated an ISO.

6. marcosMDL

marcosMDL MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2021
    I did everything written in the first page, but no success.

I waited hours for that tool to modify the original "Win7 Ultimate x64" ISO file... (my PC with 7th Gen CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win10 Pro x64)

The tool reported that it has successfully added the needed drivers to the original ISO.

Then I made a bootable USB drive from that modified ISO, using Rufus.

It was created as "MBR" just as Windows7 needs.

Then I booted from that USB.

But Win7 setup failed... It says;

"Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation"

It was completely a waste of time for me, really got on my nerves.

I will try Gigabyte's USB Windows Image Tool now for Win7 on Kaby Lake.

7. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Here and next post you can see what can cause these problems

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. marcosMDL

marcosMDL MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2021
    #768 marcosMDL, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Those posts are not helpful

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Check for the version of "ISO:\Sources\boot.wim\2\sources\setup.exe" and this one "ISO:\Sources\setup.exe", if they not match that error could appear.

10. marcosMDL

marcosMDL MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2021
    When I open&explore it with WinRAR, I cannot see a "ISO:\Sources\boot.wim" folder in the original ISO file. It is a file named "boot.wim", not a folder, so there is no subfolder.

About my ISO file: I didn't download it directly from Microsoft servers, but I downloaded it from a very trustable website which says the ISOs are original, just added Microsoft activation ("Windows Loader" trick).

Rufus USB failed, now I'm writing the image directly to a DVD. Will try the setup from DVD.

11. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. marcosMDL

marcosMDL MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2021
    Why doesn't a member just share a Windows7 x64 ISO for Kaby Lake? ;)

I installed Win7-Ultimate-x64 on a Kaby Lake PC, with Gigabyte's USB Tool.

gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/3459

It completed the modifying processes in 15-20 minutes. Then, I wrote the modified ISO to a DVD... Then, Win7 was installed in less than 15 minutes.

USB 3.0 drivers were installed. But some critical chipset drivers were missing (Intel Dynamic Tuning Manager, Intel Management Engine Interface, Mobile 7th/8th Generation Intel Processor Family I/O drivers). As a result, several hardware devices shown as "unknown" or "inactive" in the device manager section. On Intel's website, I could not find Win7 versions of these drivers.

I can not and will not connect to the internet for Windows Update with Win7 OS, because that OS has no security and it can cause problems related to activation/licence (I used "Windows Loader" to activate).

So, if someone sends me a proper Windows7-x64-ISO for Kaby Lake (with chipset drivers mentioned above), I can try Win7 again.

I also noticed that in a subfolder of your tool (unzipped), there are drivers ("Windows_7_Image_Updater\Windows7\Drivers\install\x64" directory)... One of them is "Intel Chipset" and there is a "Kabylake" folder with 3 files (kabylake, KabylakeSystem, KabylakeSystemGMM)... When I tried to install them manually (right click) on my Win7-Ultimate, it failed ("the Inf file you selected does not support this method of installation error").

As I wrote above, there were several important drivers missing. I did not like the result, so I completely deleted Win7-HDD by using Diskpart. Diskpart is absolutely a great command-line tool for arranging disc drives (converting GPT-MBR, cleaning...)

I don't recommend Gigabyte's USB Tool.

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Because it's not allowed on mdl to share homebrew stuff.

14. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
  15. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Literally nothing good about those images. Just go to the svf repo thread and you'll find all you need for any windows 7 sp1 u iso.

16. marcosMDL

marcosMDL MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2021
    What does SVF mean? Are they original Win7-ISO files directly taken from Microsoft servers?

17. marcosMDL

marcosMDL MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2021
    Another failed attempt... o_O

This time I tried to add drivers-only to "Windows 7 August 2018 ISO" with your tool (Unticked the other options like "integrate updates")

It took just 10-15 minutes to complete. In the log file, it was reported that "all drivers added successfully".

Then, wrote that modified ISO to a blank DVD.

This time, installation required a GPT-formatted disc, not MBR. So I turned my MBR-formatted disc to GPT.

Win7 installation completed in 10-15 minutes.

Then, in the device manager, there were several critical drivers were missing. Again!

Also, my keyboard worked, but my mouse did not work. Keyboard & mouse is a set, attached to the same USB port. Very strange.

So, deleted the Win7 disc. Again! (one SSD, two HDDs in my PC... I took the optical drive out)

You say "all the necessary drivers for newer motherboards and Win7 updates until 2020 are in the package"... But it always ends up with missing chipset drivers.

If someone managed to operate Win7 on KabyLake with all hardware drivers, please let me know.

Please do not send me suspicious ISOs and "driver updater programs" (which are all spyware/adware/trojan/scam) via PM.

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Stop using those badly created ISOs, they were never meant for releasing, just an intern on a school project.