Windows 7 Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jlgager, Dec 13, 2010.

1. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    You can avoid that partition by creating partitions you want before installing windows. It is only created if the drive is not pre-partitioned.

2. PharmaPhunk

PharmaPhunk MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2011
    Can someone verify that the ISO is botnet/rootkit free? I'm sure it is, I'm just paranoid about these things...

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Welcome to MDL

You are at MDL. We don't do bot's or roots :shisha:

Those two ISO's in repo are probably the two most famous ISO's in the world

Enjoy MDL

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Welcome to MDL..

1. We dont share crap
    2. We dont trick other users by infecting isos or anything else
    3. Check hashes..

5. PharmaPhunk

PharmaPhunk MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2011
    Cool. MDL is not some stupid haxx0rs warez garbage. I'll be sure to stick around :)

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    99.9% we never was and 100% we never will be.

7. alias31

alias31 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2011
    Very high quality post + very thorough thanks for the guide :)

8. Siorai

Siorai MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2011
    Agreed. Normally I just reinstall when I start having problems, I've henceforth managed to save my install. Woot.

9. rokan123

rokan123 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2011
    Hi Jlgager

Can you please help me to solve the following problem?

I had winXP service pack3 in my laptop and there was no problem of using of wireless internet connection with usb modem.A few days ago i have installed win 7 xdark v3.1G and i can not able to connect my wireless internet service after installing the modem.The pop menu for wireless network come & after click on the connect button it is automatically disconnect within seconds.I have changed some option of language & regional settings to United States as per advice from some of my friends( who are using the internet service of same company with win 7) but in vain.

Please help me .

Regards,

Rokan

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    google xdark 3.1g you will see it is modded windows 7 i,e, themes e.c.t and dll files supposedly no files removed but as you said better with untouched version.

@ rokan123 I take it your wireless network is unsecured when you say you just click to connect if not surley you need wireless password.

11. XPLuva

XPLuva MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2010
    thank you for the guide :biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. movwills

movwills MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2011
    I have a automated cd which complete the process without any headache..:p

13. Rossuk

Rossuk MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2011
    Basically yesterday and today I've had problems with my computer. It was something to do with the graphics card driver/aero/directx. I've tried multiple things to fix it but nothing worked. So my last resort is to do a clean install of windows 7.

I click custom (advanced) then it goes to the screen with the hard drive. I've got 1 partition called "Disk 0 Unallocated Space - Total Size 1862.9MB - Free Space 1862.9MB". Then nothing in the "type" column.

However when I highlight this drive there is no option to click next. All I have is refresh, load driver and drive options (advanced) and new. I click the "windows cannot be installed on this disk" and it says "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks".

How on earth can I install Windows 7? This is so stressful!!!!!! On friday everything was working perfectly and now everything gone completely wrong lol

Can someone please help me :(

14. Rossuk

Rossuk MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2011
    Nah doesn't work, well it doesn't go into EFI boot manager, tried it a few times but no success. But thanks anyway mate, do you have any other idea's?

I'm now sitting here with a completely useless machine, the computer is only less than 12 months old too.

There must be a way to simply install Windows 7 on it right? It can't just refuse to install an operating system?

Ugh someone please help!!!!

15. ghostname

ghostname MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2011
    thanks you my friend

16. ChadKevin

ChadKevin MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2011
    This is really nice.It will help a lot for installation.:orb:

17. Darian85

Darian85 MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2012
    Hi everyone :)

Can someone advice me about the best way to partition a new laptops hard drive with 600GB when installing the Windows 7 Pro 64bit?​

18. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    There is no best way.. Its up to you.
    A partition for windows absolutely and one for data but that goes for all installations.

19. jabben00

jabben00 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2012
    Hey, I'm building a new computer and I'm just wondering, can I use an USB with the Windows 7 image and the loader the first time I'm starting it, and it will boot from my USB?

And in that case, do I just copy the image and the loader in the root folder of my USB?