Windows 7 Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jlgager, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Gertudey

Gertudey MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2012
    Thanks for this nice information about Downloading Windows 7.... its really helpful to all us.... :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. christian666

christian666 MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    quick question,

I have formatted my hdd at 512kb as ntfs.
    will this be a problem when im doing a clean install of windows 7?

3. christian666

christian666 MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    sorry i went 512bytes

4. Pareto Optimal

Pareto Optimal MDL Senior Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Does DAZ loader work with EVERY version of 7? Enterprise?

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2012
    what is this "small partition" for ? any way to avoid creation of this partition during install ?

6. edward322

edward322 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2012
    Thanks i dont know before :p:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. edward322

edward322 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2012
    Nothing new in it wasting time

8. jessieryder

jessieryder MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    Thanks for your Valuable Information...

9. Snooch

Snooch MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2013
    Daz,
    Thanks for all the great info and links!

Forgive me for asking you to clarify on a question posed earlier in the thread....

I have my sister's Windows 7 disk which is currently installed on her computer. Can I just install using her disc on the new drive I plan to install in my laptop and then refer to the provided link for an OEM non retail key to enter during installation? OR

Should I install Windows 7 with that disk and then run the boot loader? OR

Must I download the provided Windows 7 image, install, skip entering key (checking box) and then run boot loader (necessitating a clean install (see below).

I'm just trying to do this in the least amount of steps.

I am currently running XP on a DellXPS M1210 with 2GB RAM and only 80GB hard drive. I do have the Windows Vista Upgrade disc from Dell that came with system, just never installed it. I am installing a new Seagate 320 GB internal drive to overcome the limits of the original small hard drive and install Windows 7. As is, there's no room to add windows 7. The upgrade advisor says the only conflicts are with Broadcam Management Programs (currently researching if updated drivers for 7 exist, or if I can just delete it as I have Intel Wireless pro also installed).....still confused there but will figure it out.

As I understand it, I could ghost (copy the image of) my current drive to the new one, install the Vista upgrade to the new drive, then install the Windows 7 upgrade (per whatever method you approve above) and avoid doing an entire clean install. Is this true, or will having a prior validated XP and Vista installs under a different Key(s) make it somehow necessary for me to do an entirely clean install the of Windows 7 under any of the above circumstances?

Thanks for your assistance!

10. smithjohn

smithjohn MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2013
    great tutorial.Well,now it's time be advance,lets take the advantage of window 8 features.But thanks for that post that each and every step has been explained in very unique way.

11. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    This is great! really informational and the guide is easy to understand :tea:

12. Vaas

Vaas MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2013
    Thanks for the guide man, installing windows 7 on my work PC (Windows XP) now :)

13. paulinasalsa

paulinasalsa MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2012
    Thanks for sharing.I may have to use it later.

14. turningfish

turningfish MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2012
    1- Is there any other method to crack Window$ 7 Enterprise? I get the highlighted message that it's not supported. I used to use Auto KMS but I think that is not working now - correct me if I am wrong.

2- If all fails for me, can I change the OS type to some other than can be supported by Loader?

3- Which version of Windows 7 is now the best for cracking?

Thanks

15. congtruqn

congtruqn MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2013
    thank you to your post

16. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Thanks for that thread friend,

I had 2 times problems after installation has been finished, after preparing a desktop and when appears a desktop PC shut downing itself and wont booted any more, it was trying to boot again itself but after manufacturer logo it reboots again and again like that. what is that problem? Can u explain me what is it, please? Thanks in advanced.

17. Matheatre

Matheatre MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2013
    I just got a Lenovo Y510p with Windows 8 and I wish to downgrade to 7 with these instructions. However, when I get to the step where I choose a drive, I am unable to use any of them because all of the disks "are of the GPT partition style." Does this mean I have to format the partition(s)? And do I choose the HDD when I install?
    Also, I just read ahead when I got to this snag, and I noticed the step with the activation key. I'm using the iso from the 64-bit torrent and the installation media was put on a USB drive with the Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool. Since it seems like I'll need Windows Loader by Daz, what is the best way to put it on the USB drive without disturbing the installation media?

18. kankei71

kankei71 MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    Thnks for the installation guide

19. rnsoni

rnsoni MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    First of all thanks. This is an excellant description well drafted and crafted.

20. junedavis

junedavis MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2013
    Thanks for excellant thread.this is very useful.:worthy: