WINDOWS 7 is King

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by EaglePC, Mar 22, 2016.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

Why? (I use ulti)

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @ThomasMann: Because 'Home' is where the heart is. :D

:eekout:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Due to security, usability, and compatibility, ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    The question answered itself really
    NO BRAINER! haha

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010

then why ya ask? :D

6. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Give me an eyample... something that I might actually have to miss, should I want it?

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

Ah... now I Understand.... if Microsoft says so, it must be true?
    And, little hint, do not look into a mirror while typing, then comments like the last three words do not happen.

8. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    So, if I see this correctly, some have an opinion, most do not... but no one actually has a reason for his choice? Really?

9. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Has not this been discussed ad nauseum on this board? What OS and why?
    Most home users could not be bothered with GPE, remote desktop, use of an on-board VM (user-installed), backups to network media and some other perks. Even home users get creative and make their machines do what they want these days. More and more.
    If one has a budget and cannot afford other than Home: This does not mean that teh machine cannot out put the same.
    What is convenient and at-hand is worth two instead of one.
    Whats your favorite OS, ThomasMann?
    I prefer Windows 7... or any distro of puppy ;)
    Gotta reboot... cant get cam to run... lol

10. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Yup. And just like conversations about the weather, it never gets old. Especially if you like to heckle. :D

11. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Sweetheart and bloodwhatever... I do not want to be nasty.... but has it occurred to you two, to look at the name of this thread ????????

Has it occurred to the you two that some of us have a life outside this board? And then, one rainy day, when one bumps into a thread like this, with a more general question as is the subject of this thread, then someone might ask a question, that you had an answer to long ago?

What is this now? A Linux website, where only wise guy are, and it makes their day, if someone asks a question even they already know the answer to and so get to insult that person? I asked a simple question and just look what kind of answers I get!

What are you doing in a thread like this?

12. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    #32 bludgard, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Bro... there were three posts in a row by ThomasMann. Each contributing to the thread - WINDOWS 7 is King - very little; even going to the point of antagonistic, IMO.
    Wasn't trying to be an a**... that is just me. Factual and to the point... leaves less room for misunderstanding... sometimes.
    Maybe starting a thread titled "What Is The Reason For Your Choice Of OS" would attract a less intolerant response.
    On topic:
    Windows 7 Pro x64 is my top choice.
    Because it is OEM and it does what I want it to do... and more. Never fails me.
    Been a hectic night and I am stressed from the Friday night crowd.
    Reminds me I have 3 more machines to upgrade to Windows 10 before free deadline: Prolly do that Sun on (my only day off).:(

13. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    #33 T-S, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016

I'm afraid it's the truth.

If the old business model was so profitable why change it?

Clearly MS thinks that can make more money using your data rather than selling you a copy every 3 years.

14. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Yeah, this is "the best product paradox". After creating a superb product, what do you do next?
    In fact, Windows 7 SP1 could have been improved further: an updated NTFS version with the capability to read/write on other file systems beside their own, using part of RAM as virtual memory instead of paging it to the disk and lots of other improvements. Instead, they chose to dumb it down and call it "new".

15. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I knew the insider crap was a mistake from the get-go. If you look at the majority of the requests and complaints, they are about needless crap that could have been done later instead of removing focus from the core OS.

its giving the user base exactly what they wanted, so be it lol

16. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep M$ lost focus from the core OS since Windows 8 with all species of craps ;)

17. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Well, they could add CTRL+F to the notepad, just to start to do something useful :D

18. DavidinCT

DavidinCT MDL Addicted

May 9, 2015
    Windows 7 is my fav but, If your a gamer...You NEED Windows 10. DirectX 12 will be only part of Windows 10, they are not making it available for 7 or 8.1..

So, dual boot, use Win 7 for eveything but, when you want to play a game, just reboot :)

19. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    The user base was 3 y.o. toddlers in diapers.
    The idiots from M$ asked people what they'd want from Win8 and when people came with real ideas, they, instead decided to resurrect M$ BOB 95 aka "the polished turd syndrome".

That's because M$ is playing bull$hit. It's like a race between an Mercedes-Benz SLS 6.3 AMG (DX12) and Opel/Vauxal Corsa 1.6. (DX whatever...)
    If M$ would release DX12 for Win7SP1, then Win10 was...like the Opel Corsa.

Windows at Microsoft lost its special status ...
    Win-Team at Microsoft has no particular meaning more in the future ...
    So why should it go seven other? / Seven is almost dead! - rest in peace seven ;)