windows 7 ISO tips/advice?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by supashaka, Mar 20, 2015.

1. supashaka

supashaka MDL Junior Member

Mar 19, 2015
    #1 supashaka, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    Thanks to everyone who answered my post which was closed so I couldn't answer there.

Sorry for the ignorant post. I suspected there was more to it. I did a search for windows loader before posting and I found nothing on viruses, there weren't any threads that were clearly labelled as discussing my question about viruses. Maybe it would help people like me if there were a brief explanation of false positives on the download page. I didn't know about this before and it's really helped me, thanks again especially to Daz!

My first question is, I have windows 7 home premium x64 OEM preinstalled on my fujitsu lifebook AH530 (without install disc). If I wanted to install a different version (ultimate for eg), I'm assuming if anything went wrong I could find an ISO of home premium and reinstall that with my OEM key on the underneath of my laptop?

There are 2 reasons I'm thinking of upgrading:

1)I am planning on buying/building a PC that will run current games on medium settings. It would be expensive for me to buy windows again and have it running on multiple devices.

2)I can't get a program called Brute force save data (BSD) to run on my laptop. It gives me this error message as soon as it launches:

'Bruteforce Save Data has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
    available'.It freezes up and I have to click close.

If anyone is smart enough to help me get BSD running on my system, it would solve my most immediate problem. But I am contemplating reinstalling windows on my current laptop as a last resort. I managed to borrow a netbook which also runs windows 7 home premium and it runs perfectly out the box (without having to add any files at all)and that suggests it's something on my OS that is the problem. Thanks :)

2. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    Thanks! Unfortunately I've already upgraded to windows ultimate, I'm guessing I can't use advanced token manager anymore?

Could you explain how this manager actually works? Also I'm wondering if this means I can't just find a home premium iso and use it with my OEM key if I need to?

I also need to know before I attempt to install windows loader, are there any windows updates I should avoid?

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No need to avoid any updates when using Daz loader. You mention the laptop came with windows 7 home premium but no installation dvd you will probably have a hidden restore partition.

How did you upgrade to ultimate i,e, did you just use windows upgrade via internet and just paste in fujitsu ultimate OEM:SLP key or did you reinstall from ultimate dvd and use Daz loader to install OEM:SLP key and certificate.

You can use your premium key on new machine but you would need to call M$ personally I would try and save that key and just use loader on new machine or when building machine use a motherboard that has had bios mod available in bios mods section, or request one.

You also do not need multiple windows 7 disks just remove e.i.cfg file from sources folder then you have choice of any version when installing.

4. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    I downloaded and clean installed an ultimate Iso, then used daz loader.
    I'm confused, do you mean I can change my ultimate ISO to home premium by deleting a file called cfg from source folder? It will give me the option of which version I want to install? That's awesome!

I don't understand regarding saving my OEM key, are you saying to save it in case I have a PC which DAZloader doesn't work on?

5. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    First Daz loader will work on 99% of the machines out there. So save the key just in case and us the loader. The key will be your backup if needed. Why use it if you don't have to right now.

And yes by removing the e.i.cfg file from sources folder you will be given the option to install any version when you do a clean install. The e.i.cfg file right now it set to install ultimate and you don't get any options.

6. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    What is the 1% that it doesn't work on? Is it a particular brand of PC/laptop or is it to do with certain types of motherboard etc.

That's what I thought urie was saying regarding my OEM key, but could you explain why would daz loader not work with a bios mod (what is it for) and how it relates to the OEM key?

Also, in simple terms what Advanced Tokens Manager exactly for?

7. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    #8 oldsh_t, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Could be any of the above you refer to. I have seen where people have had issues and had to revert to other methods, but never paid much attention, so can't give you an exact answer.

Daz loader would be counter productive to a bios mod. Daz loader installs the needed at every bootup, the BIOS mod has everythng needed all the time. BIOS mod is the most permanent way to go but if done wrong or you get a power failure while doing the BIOS mod install you could brick your computer. Daz loader is by far the safest way to go. Daz loader is a set ant forget method but may need to be reinstalled should you make any major changes to your computer. And either method is unaffected by all Windows Updates.

It is exactly for what the title says: Advanced Tokens Manager - The Activation Backup Solution It will backup your activation of your Home premium and can be used to activate a new home premium should you decide to go back. But that is no more good for you now because you have gotten rid of you home premium already.

8. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    That's what I was confused about: would I not be able to simply enter my OEM key on the underside of my laptop if I wanted to activate my old home premium on the same laptop, or even say on another pc/laptop (as long as it is only activated on 1 system) or is there more to it than that?

9. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Entering that # under your lap top usually calls for you to Call M$ to get it activated. Big hassle! OEM key are tied to one computer. Don't know if you phone in if M$ will be able to detect whether or not the key is tied to the right computer or not.

10. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    #11 supashaka, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    (OP)
    I'm planning to build a new PC. Is there anything at all that is known to be problematic (eg. any motherboard types I should avoid) for Daz's loader? I remember reading something about UEFI motherboards, but can't find it again?

11. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Daz loader will not work on UEIF. You have to format your drive to MBR. Instructions to do that are in the readme that comes with the loader.

12. supashaka

Mar 19, 2015
    #13 supashaka, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    (OP)
    Thanks for the quick reply!

'To forcefully boot Windows 7 without UEFI you can use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool. Once the USB is created just delete bootmgr.efi from the USB and then try to boot from it.'

I already used windows usb/dvd tool to put the 7 ultimate ISO on the USB. So is it as simple as finding the above file, and then deleting it? Or is there more to it? I'm assuming if I use this method I windows loader will work (without me having to format the drive to MBR)?

Aren't most motherbaords UEFI nowadays anyway, so it doesn't mean I should avoid them right?

13. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    I have never had to do that but Yes it is that simple.

Yea I believe that they are just about all UEIF. No need to avoid because you know the trick now:D