Windows 7 Lite Playback Codec Pack

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chaddawkins, Sep 22, 2009.

1. chaddawkins

chaddawkins MDL Senior Member

Sep 16, 2007
  2. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Don't know, maybe they didn't pay their host.
    I heard that lots of people had probs with paypal no paying the hosting servers last month and limiting their accounts for using paypal for paying that.

3. chaddawkins

Sep 16, 2007
    it's back up... i like klite, i used it once upon a time... i learned a lot from seeing how it does what it does

4. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    KMPlayer is the best.. u don't need any codec :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ShareAll

ShareAll MDL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    I stick with the K-Lite Codec Pack and it includes the Media Player Classic. This pack has been working very well for me for years...

6. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    shark007's codecs are by far the best. They are supercool and blend perfectly with Windows 7.

7. homi3

homi3 MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2010
    i think this is just wat i need, it work fine, i tried shark codec and klite, but they doesn't show proper thumbnail but this one does i donno why, but i have one question, can i know how to set the offset that generate flv thumbnail? cos it kinda generated to the first fram of the video and i see only black screen on some of my flv and some work fine. thanks

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    VCL Media player 1 program plays all and its free no need for extra codecs e.c.t

9. chaddawkins

Sep 16, 2007
    yes, this is the same reason i made this, shark and klite don't show proper thumbnails. i don't know how to change the flv thumbnail offset, i've wondered the same. sorry.
    once i figure this out, or the codec supports frame change i'll repack and repost the playback pack.
    thanks for supporting me

10. jakobkraft

jakobkraft MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2009
    #31 jakobkraft, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
    Thank you!

This is exactly what I was looking for, no unnecessary overkill for Windows 7 and proper, high quality thumbnails for mkv files, which for most HD enthusiasts, will be truly appreciated. And for those who say Sharks codecs are perfect for Windows 7, I'd have to disagree. I loved his codec pack for XP and even Vista, but Windows 7 does not need so much. And as to the MKV thumbnail support his pack provides. those are simply from the divx labs, a package that is still in the beta stages, has known audio sync issues and has no subtitle support whatsoever. And if you use the Explorer Preview Window feature in Win7, the resolution is actually off for mkv playback with the divx lab package, giving videos a slightly stretched look (but in WMP12 the resolution is fine. I do like using the explorer preview window a lot, so I couldn't help but notice.) All in all, it's a poor mkv solution, especially in its current stage.

Anyway thank you again, chaddawkins, you've solved my only Win7 media issue, your hard work is much appreciated:)

11. chaddawkins

Sep 16, 2007
    *UPDATE*
    I finally converted over to x64, so now I offer a Windows 7 x64 codec pack.
    I believe I can still make it a little lighter, but it is still only 8mb. :)

12. ikosa

ikosa MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2011
    Thank you very much, i am searching for a solution to show thumbnails in win7 for a very long time. But there is a little problem with some of the files. I use mkvtoolnix (with mkvmerge gui) to attach posters nfo files and subtitles. As you can see in the attached image some files thumbnails are just black and some are white. Do you have any idea or it is possible to fix this issue.

Untitled.jpg