Windows 7, McAfee PC SecurityCenter and Office 2007 Question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by karlo, Apr 21, 2010.

1. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Hi there... I have a Sony VAIO CW26F/A laptop. It has Windows 7 64bit Home Premium by default. I'm just wondering if I can convert it to Ultimate using the Windows Anytime Upgrade Application or probably just by simply applying the patch by Daz.

Another thing, the laptop comes with Office 2007, however I really have no idea if it's a Professional or Enterprise version. It comes with a 60 day trial. I think the trial expires today, that's why I can't use all of the Office 2007 programs. Can you guys help me out? Can you send me (via PM) a serial number for Office 2007 (Pro or Enterprise)? I just wanted to preserve the programs that came with my Sony Vaio laptop.

Before I forgot, I have McAfee PC SecurityCenter installed. I think it's expired now.. how can I enter a new serial or is there like a crack for that program?

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    what is McAfee PC Security Center? Is it the Corporate version of their IS program? I do not have a serial for office 2007 Pro or Enterprise but I do have one for Office 2007 Pro Plus. You can upgrade it to Ultimate using WAU because you have slic 2.1 in your bios already, correct? If you got a computer that came with win7 and it was an OEM copy then yes you can safely do that using a Ultimate OEM Slp key here at MDL. Preferably use a sony key if possible for safety.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
  4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #4 Rosco, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    It means M$ and all the Royalty OEM think everybody else is as thick as sh.. - well you know - but in reality they are.

Any computer with the right SLIC in the BIOS is only a key change and a Windows Anytime Upgrade away from whatever version the user wants if they choose to do so.

So, I can only guess they thought this would never be discovered when Vista launched and no-one would discover other keys - when they perpetuated this discredited scheme with a minor modification for 7 they either assumed we're too stupid to notice or too honest - draw your own conclusions.

Some of all of the employees of all the companies M$ deliberately destroyed must hold a grudge and enjoy exposing any "secrets".

Try Comodo Internet Security - there is a free version - it has had good write ups and outscores many commercial rivals in testing sites across the net - be careful of a lot of test sites they only test products that are sponsored - ie the site is either paid or gets a commission.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #5 Phazor, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010