Windows 7 OEM Imaging

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ninja2000, May 6, 2013.

1. Ninja2000

Ninja2000 MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    I regularly reinstall OEM versions of Windows 7 as part of my job to various computers made by Dell, Samsung etc using a multibrand OEM image.

I want to install Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine, add service packs, programs etc and take an image of the machine to cut my work load, I understand how SLIC works so I know my image would only work for say Dell machines and not Samsung.

Is it possible to get everything setup, deactivate the OEM information, deploy my image and then inject the OEM information as normal?

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Ninja2000

Ninja2000 MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    I already have a Multiboot OEM disc, in Vmware I have setup Windows 7 Ultimate with all the service packs and apps, imaged that with Acronis Snap Deploy but my Vmware Bios is set to Dell so I would not be able to redeploy my image to say a Samsung Laptop.

My question is once installed how can I remove the OEM information from Windows 7 so when I image it does not have all the Dell OEM information and complain that hey this is not a Dell Bios?

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #5 urie, May 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    You need to execute a script that installs appropriate cert and key after deploying. You can use Windows Loader by Daz for this purpose.

6. Ninja2000

Ninja2000 MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    Intersting, I will check these out and let you know how they work out for me!

7. Ninja2000

Ninja2000 MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    This is weird, I tried a fresh install this time in Virtual box, the CD still applied an OEM activation. I removed the OOBE information but its not complaining that the copy is not active like it should. Is there a tool or other technique I could use to remove the OEM certificate to make it non genuine once again? I wish to deploy the image to multiple brands of machines with genuine Slic tables so I can repair them.

8. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #9 Humphrey, May 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why are you making things so difficult for yourself use a normal windows 7 dvd with default product key, Do not use the Multi oem dvd. You say you want to deploy the image to other machines seems pointless to me when you will still need to boot up every machine after deployment to add certificate and oem:slp key and branding then you would need to sysprep the machine. You would probably be just a quick making an install.wim image of the virtual machine one you have installed updates software e.c.t and replace the install.wim on your multi oem dvd.

10. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    The easiest thing to do is have all the certs you work with in the oem folder & use any of the win7 OA keys. Windows will auto insert the correct cert & your done. No need for any scripts or slmgr.
    Try it. It works...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...