Windows 7 Offline Updates

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by ColdZero, Jun 12, 2010.

1. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I have 1 more question. I have the latest Windows 7 SP1U which is the latest refresh of Windows 7 SP1 that was released in May 2011. Would this include the May updates and thus I would start at Junes or would I indeed do May's as well. Thanks.

2. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    You have to apply from the first package (Including may), Sp1U is just a minor fix integrated.

3. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
    Thanks for your quick reply.

4. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
    ColdZero...I found a program here that downloads all the current Critical and Important updates to my hard drive. You then install them from there. There are a total of 51 updates since SP1 release. My son made me a batch file to run them all. I am unable to test it as I would need a machine that is clean installed without any updates which I currently don't have. Now my question. When you do the regular windows updates and you see all the updates listed all at once....You will notice that 4 or 5 are unchecked..So you do the updates for the checked items reboot and then it will list the 5 you didn't do and maybe 3 of the 5 this time are checked this time and then next boot you do the remaining 2. With your system how do you get around that when you don't reboot till the very end? In my scenerio doing all 51 updates at once won't some of them fail? Is this why several of yours says oops don't worry about it when installing yours? Should the one my son made then work? Thanks.

5. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    Hi, my updates are installed month by month (have an order) so everything keeps working just right, rebooting the system only once... if you see "ooops dont worry" that means that the update installed succesfully but with a minor error (Maybe an overwrite setup) how-ever you dont have to worry.

Which software you downloaded? so i can test further.

Some windows updates wont install if you dont have an specific app... for example...
    If you dont have latest internet explorer some updates for latest internet explorer will quit returning (Opps dont worry)
    because you dont have the latest app... so the updates will install according what you have in your system.

6. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
  7. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
    You come up with anything Cold?????

8. mt11

mt11 MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2011
    I was wondering...how can you tell which updates you will need to update when your offline? I have a backup of my Win 7 64 for my laptop and every so often I redo it just to clean things up. I believe it's sp1 but if it is, how will I know which updates I will need? How can I tell if I need to start with March or April etc? do the OEM discs you buy have the dates on them? Like if it comes out in June will it be a "June 2011" sp1? This is a great idea as I can't tell you how much I detest reformatting and having to wait and download from MS update and getting a slow connection constantly. With this you can have all the updates on a disc as backup and just go. Perfect. are these critical updates only?

9. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
    These updates are from after SP1 was released so just install your slipstreamed SP1 Win 7 and then start at the Feb Update folder.

10. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    This package is for Win7 Sp1... if you have your disc at service pack 1 then you are good to go. Install all the patches, If you dont know what patches you have installed, then dont worry, the patches wont install again, even if you re-run the patches... so, go ahead.
    Yes, the patches are critical only (Security and stability updates). You dont really need anything else.

11. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    Thanks, this is totally free. Enjoy.

12. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    #112 ColdZero, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    (OP)
    The package you download misses some .exe files. It just downloads the .msi files.
    I tested in a virtual pc :) however, its still very secure. Its up to you :)

I make the packages month by month with little intervention because there are some people with sensible software that can broke with some microsoft updates.
    ex: custom financial software, .net applications, even games :p so they have to try month by month, if a monthly update makes their software to broke, then they have to find a workaround or just skip the update. :p

13. chardy143

chardy143 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2011
    thank you

it worked man. TY very much. can you also make an offline installer for the latest DirecX of microsoft.? i badly need one.. tnx in advance!

14. elco007

elco007 MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2011
    very good my friend

15. randomer1

randomer1 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2011
    Thanks for the work you have put in to maintain these updates and keeping them up to date.

Any chance of creating a '2011 roll up pack' after the december patch tuesday has gone, which would be all the updates so far included in one package?

Also after applying all the updates, I still have two important updates that aren't installed, kb2552343 and kb2570791. Is this normal?

Thanks again.

16. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    Yes, i will make a 2011 full patch :)
    kb2552343 and kb2570791 are optional updates (non critical updates), 1 of them is for "time zone update", and the other one is a "driver timing update fix for windows update"

17. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    2011 Full package released (Critical Updates+Important Updates)

18. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
    Just noticed that you no longer have the prerequisite to have Dot net Fx4 like earlier released that were month to month installs. Is this still required before you begin updating with the new all in one? Thanks.

19. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    No, it is no longer a prerequisite to have Dot net Fx4.
    But, i will release a standalone patch package for Fx4.