Windows 7 on a new drive in HP Pavilion.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Brotymotr, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Brotymotr

Brotymotr MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    Hello,
    First, I am glad I found this forum. Thanks in advance for bearing with my novice-ness here.

I have an HP Pavilion 64 bit notebook that was running Windows Vista Home Premium. The hard drive went on it so I have purchased a new 500GB WD sata drive which I have already installed but as yet I have not tried to power back on the computer.

I never bothered to burn the recovery disks, so I can't install the original software back on the drive.

I would like to install Windows 7 on it using the lovely methods detailed using the activator here that save me $$. I have been reading through the forums, but I can't seem to find the info I need in a way that I feel confident proceeding. If someone can post the links to the stuff I need to download and maybe some quick instructions or links to the proper instructions to do this, I would be very grateful. I can dowload to a USB drive on my newer laptop and use the USB drive to do the install from.

Thanks so much!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Brotymotr

Brotymotr MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    #3 Brotymotr, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    (OP)
    Thanks for the quick reply. Since I need to put the files to be installed on a USB drive, is there a best download method I should use? Torrent or official Microsoft links?

Do I need to download all three files listed under the version I am after? (ie: setup1box, setup2box etc)

4. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    You can use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool or Universal USB Install tool