Windows 7 on a new drive in HP Pavilion.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Brotymotr, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Brotymotr

Brotymotr MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    Hello,
    First, I am glad I found this forum. Thanks in advance for bearing with my novice-ness here.

I have an HP Pavilion 64 bit notebook that was running Windows Vista Home Premium. The hard drive went on it so I have purchased a new 500GB WD sata drive which I have already installed but as yet I have not tried to power back on the computer.

I never bothered to burn the recovery disks, so I can't install the original software back on the drive.

I would like to install Windows 7 on it using the lovely methods detailed using the activator here that save me $$. I have been reading through the forums, but I can't seem to find the info I need in a way that I feel confident proceeding. If someone can post the links to the stuff I need to download and maybe some quick instructions or links to the proper instructions to do this, I would be very grateful. I can dowload to a USB drive on my newer laptop and use the USB drive to do the install from.

Thanks so much!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    1. Download the latest SP1 Media Refresh ISO from here.

2. Install fresh; then activate it using this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Brotymotr

Brotymotr MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    #3 Brotymotr, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    (OP)
    Thanks for the quick reply. Since I need to put the files to be installed on a USB drive, is there a best download method I should use? Torrent or official Microsoft links?

Do I need to download all three files listed under the version I am after? (ie: setup1box, setup2box etc)

4. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    You can use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool or Universal USB Install tool