Windows 7 Pro $19 for students

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by netguysc, Sep 8, 2009.

1. The_Avatar

The_Avatar MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
  2. murdercitydevil

murdercitydevil MDL Member

Sep 7, 2009
    do Chinese keys work for the other 2 versions? French keys work for the US version, right?

BTW, who else is still waiting on their login information? I'm not sure exactly what time I opted in yesterday but it's been either very close to 24 hours or more and still no e-mail. Not in my junk folder either. God I'm impatient.

3. The_Avatar

The_Avatar MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    Yes, they will work. The keys are universal, so they work with any language.

4. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    sweet...this really is an awesome deal. and it's officially been over 24 hours, still no login info.

5. Klownicle

Klownicle MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    #25 Klownicle, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  6. Mivec

Mivec MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    Well i got my login information after 2 week subscription. so you need wait for over 1-2 week

7. Code9

Code9 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    Did they changed the way to apply for ACM/Developer Academic Alliance (formerly known as MSDN AA)? I don't see any Opt-In option, even though I have been approved. It says I need to update my Facualty and Student ID information. After that, I don't see any option of Opt-In...

Am I still qualified?

8. Klownicle

Klownicle MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    The Opt-in will appear after your payment has processed. If your payment has not processed you will not have a opt-in available. There could also be a problem with verifying your school information etc etc.

9. Code9

Code9 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    I will probably call them and verify whats happening. In the "my receipts" it says "YES" under Approved. When I go to myacm and click on SAI, it just tells me what it offers and no op-in.

10. Klownicle

Klownicle MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Click myACM, and there is a section called Services I think. Under there you will see information stating that MSDN AA is available when payment is processed. This is where the Opt-In will show up.

It will say you are approved, but not if your payment has processed. The only way to confirm payment has been processed is when the Opt-In shows up.

Again if it has not shown up, there sounds like there was a problem with processing your payment.

11. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    #32 murdercitydevil, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    I read on another forum that opt-in isn't showing up for anyone who tried to subscribe in the last day or so. I think they might have removed it, either due to a flood of non-student scammers, or something else. Prior to that, they added the requirement for a student ID and the name of your faculty adviser...so it seems like a lot of non-students were trying to get in on it.

Also, trying the forgot password thing didn't work for me, it says my username is invalid (I think maybe you DID get an e-mail, but it was filtered as junk, so you just thought you never got it). I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow and figure out what's going on. Someone else told me that it doesn't work if you're a student with a non-IT major. I think it's bulls**t, but if true, that would be really really lame. I'm an advertising major and think I deserve this software just as much as any other college student. As if non-IT students don't use computers?

12. air10kuzya

air10kuzya MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    Yes this seems to be the case, I've tried to enroll my spouse who is still a student, and the enrollment page just does not show up, it is blank.

13. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    just got off the phone with ACM. The guy said you do have to be a computer science student, and that they are in the process of verifying all pending applications. So I and all other non-IT students are apparently out $19 and won't be getting anything.

I'll be installing Win 7 Ultimate with a BIOS mod later today then...:(

14. The_Avatar

The_Avatar MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    Another update. Now you can get a total of 8 legit keys. They added spanish versions today.

@murdercitydevil

That sucks :(

15. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    anyone wanna throw a key my way? lol...i'm pretty bummed. I told my friend, who IS actually a comp sci student and was interested in doing this, but now can't get anything either because they apparently closed it.

16. liltomy18

liltomy18 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    well i never got an email at all, checked spam filtered mail and all, never got anything. The forgot password worked for me. It sucks if they are truly canceling it, glad i got my 8 Windows 7 keys when I did. They added Spanish today for a total of 8 keys...

17. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    someone give me a key!! lol...what are you guys even going to do with the remaining 7 keys (or however many keys you'll have left over)?

18. skycn123

skycn123 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2009
    :(Don‘t covet the small cheap!
    ACM will now examine the identity of students is very strict!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. netguysc

netguysc MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2009
    murdercitydevil you have a PM