Windows 7 Pro $19 for students

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by netguysc, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Code9

Code9 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    if anyone have a spare legal key for windows professional english version, i would be really happy.

2. murdercitydevil

murdercitydevil MDL Member

Sep 7, 2009
    netguysc: thank you sir, I appreciate that!

3. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    its been more than 48 hrs with email from acm about login credentials.

4. wwanky

wwanky MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2009
    can someone jsut pm me a key im to cheap to spend $19. thanks

5. bhupeshgajria

bhupeshgajria MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    Question on keys

Hi,

a) Can someone PM me a key as well. please. I have been waiting for a mail from ACM for the last 5 days now.... nothing happening.

b) Lets say we have this genuine key and i activate Windows today. Sometime later if I have to format, can i use the same key again?

6. Sporkman

Sporkman MDL Member

Jul 13, 2009
    LOL @ all the beggers !

just joined and waiting for my email !

19 for win7 pro yes please

7. mack

mack MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Can someone send me their core i7 with original preinstalled win7 ultimate, plox.

8. philippetev

philippetev MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Sporkman

Sporkman MDL Member

Jul 13, 2009
    so whats the time frame for the conformation email ?

10. pheonix322

pheonix322 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    Is there anyway to register in the uk? My uni doesn't have msndaa, and my pc is a hp, and bootloaders don't work.

11. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    I'm one of the people who spent $19 prior to ACM requiring a student ID and faculty adviser, prior to all the details about this deal being known, and probably spent 19 bucks for nothing. I'm not a comp sci or IT student, I'm majoring in advertising, however, at the time of my paying the 19 bucks, the most concrete information regarding this was "they don't even verify if you're a student anyway". Well lo and behold, they do indeed, and I'm probably not going to get anything. I opted in for the MSDN-AA on September 8th, and since then have received only one email, the one asking for my ID and faculty adviser, like 3 days after I had already put in the info online. I called ACM once and the guy said "it's restricted only to comp sci/IT students, which apparently isn't listed anywhere on their site except vaguely within a bunch of fine print that's virtually impossible to locate. Either way, it's probably my fault. But still I haven't heard anything from them, either yea or nay, so I'm still not sure whether or not I'll ever get accepted. Trying the forgotten password thing on the e-academy download page still doesn't work, so I may call them tomorrow and ask if they can lookup my specific account and see what's going on with it. But I have no expectations that they'll give me membership.

So to those who are not IT/comp sci majors OR are not completely sure if they'll be accepted, I would suggest not paying anything. ACM, from what I've seen, does not seem very professional. I'm sure they are swamped with requests, but still, waiting 2-3 weeks like some people have to find out ANYTHING is pretty stupid. At the very least, they could update their site and put "we cannot guarantee a time frame for your request to be filled" or something similar. Whatever, I'm over it.

12. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    I believe you are able to make the account after payment has been received.

13. Code9

Code9 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    I'm a business major and I have received access from MSDNA.

14. Sporkman

Sporkman MDL Member

Jul 13, 2009
    got my email its pending approval

15. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    Wow, I randomly checked the myacm.org site today just for the hell of it...what do you know? I was accepted for the MSDN-AA membership. Of course they did not send me an email, but I used the forgotten password feature and got my login info. Good stuff!

So...I still don't know how rigorous they are about verifying everyone's info. For instance, I changed mine to a comp sci major halfway through the process, but whether or not they checked that or even noticed it is unknown. My friend, who really is a comp sci major, also got the opt-in option available today...so it looks like everyone's where they want to be.

16. bhupeshgajria

bhupeshgajria MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    Office 2010

Do we expect Office 2010 also to be available when it is released? Maybe someone can share their experience when Office 2007 was released, was it available .....

Please let me know how many times can we use the same key (on the same PC)... if i format the PC, can i activate using the same key again

17. M3TAL_L0RD

M3TAL_L0RD MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Office won't be on msdn...

18. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    There isnt win 7 ultimate Final!!! But there is the win7 pro. DO u know if they will ever post the win 7 RTM ??