Windows 7 Pro $19 for students

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by netguysc, Sep 8, 2009.

1. bhupeshgajria

bhupeshgajria MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    Win 7 Pro is RTM
    Win 7 Ultimate is RC

So we already have the RTM

2. xkovi

xkovi MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2007
  3. The_Avatar

The_Avatar MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    Obvious troll is obvious.

4. xkovi

xkovi MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2007
    Ok, I hope this is only a very very bad joke :) I've just spent 18 USD and I'm really an IT student (IT is my secondary specialization and actually my work at the moment), so this can't be true :D

Anyway, just for make me sure, could someone who has already msdnaa through ACM confirm this "joke"? ;)

5. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Thats not my question. My question is where is Win 7 Ultimate RTM?

6. The_Avatar

The_Avatar MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    You won't get Win7 Ultimate RTM from MSDNAA - if you meant that.

7. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    but yet professional version is available.. just because its ultimate its not offered? Aren't all versions the same and the only thing that distinguish them are the serial keys??

8. murdercitydevil

murdercitydevil MDL Member

Sep 7, 2009
    do you really think the ACM director of membership would talk like that? Just checked MSDN and all the software is still up.

The versions are not all the same. You can google the differences between the versions. However, Pro and Ultimate are basically indistinguishable unless you need BitLocker and language packs. If you really want Ultimate you can always just get a loader or mod your BIOS, but its not worth the trouble if you can get a legit copy of Pro.

9. xkovi

xkovi MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2007
    Of course I don't think so, didn't you see smileys in my post? :D

Anyway, language packs are available as well via MSDNAA, I've just downloaded both x86 and x64....

For all - yesterday I checked "opt-in" to get msdnaa account and today I got the notification that my MSDNAA account has been created (including login name and password)...it took less than 12 hours since I've asked for it...

And again to confirm the previous lie - all 8 versions of W7 are still available via your msdnaa account...

10. Evanrich

Evanrich MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    might want to read harder next time (direct quote from site):

Student Membership Benefits

* Free access to 100+ software packages from the Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance
    Please note: The Microsoft Developer Academic Alliance package offered to Student Members contains the Windows 7 Beta version.

BEEEETAAAAAAA. not full version.

11. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    I dont see the hundred + software on my list. what am I missing. I also noticed that win7 pro is still there but win 7 ultimate RC has been removed.

Another question: couple of users said that multiple keys are available for win7 (keys for more than 1 user) when i download win7 or any other version i only get 1 key. plz correct me if im wrong..

12. hitman482

hitman482 MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2008
    The Windows 7 pro keys are interchangeable. There are 4 languages and both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, all of which have separate keys, thats 8 keys in total.

13. xkovi

xkovi MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2007
    One more question - serial keys for W7 ultimate beta and RC x64 could be used also for x86....is this possible for W7 pro in the same way?

14. hitman482

hitman482 MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2008
    As long as the version is the same, yes they can regardless of whether its x86 or x64

15. shorty2008

shorty2008 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    no more win 7 pro at msdn aa

)-: sad day

16. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Thats insane :confused: Good thing I downloaded my copy. Hopefully they wont block my keys.:confused:

17. Sporkman

Sporkman MDL Member

Jul 13, 2009
    whoa ! good thing i got my copies before it was removed only thing i wish was there was Office