1. Samuel Chalk

Samuel Chalk MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2019
    I'm trying to download a legitimate Windows 7 product key for my grandparents desktop computer.
    It's a windows 10 computer but I want to convert it to a windows 7 operating system as they want to put windows 7 computer games on it. They are only familiar with Windows 7.
    I also need help to find out how I can install the operating system and if it will change anything about the computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #2 Enthousiast, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    On MDL we don't do windows activation keys, use DAZ Loader and it will be as legit as can be (if the system is capable of running windows 7 at all).

Run the QT from here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/multi-oem-retail-project-mrp-mk3.71555/#post-1283849

And post the saved report in code tags here.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Typically, you can install Windows 7, but still it would be good if you spoke a little more about what kind of computer it is. This means whether it came from a factory and Windows 10 was already installed in it, which processor is on that computer, and if possible, give as much information as possible about this computer.
    The reason is that in some newer computers have a lower version than Windows 10 blocked or all drivers are not available for them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @kaljukass we should get most of needed info if he posts QT report as advised.
    We don't know yet they may just want the windows 7 default games and they can be installed on windows 10, also start menu could be main problem they could just use startisback. But as you mentioned biggest problem could be drivers.