Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise Mak key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by draconis, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 22TKD

22TKD MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2009
  2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Could be dead for new activations, but not sure if it will suddenly stop working for existing activations unless as sam and others remarked, one has kb.. or sp1 installed. sp1 final is many a months away. KB97... is an optional update and even `install updates automatically' does not install kb... One has to tick (make a conscious effort) to install kb9...

I am not sure if paymyrent method of token restore will work if the key is blocked. One can activate (even if the activation count is 0) but the problem of KB.. and SP1 will remain.

Key is good but Daz and some of the other tools are as good. I have read in recent posts that newest Daz beats SP1. SP1 includes KB97... and Daz was beating KB.. a long time back also (perhaps from 1.7... onwards). So no worries and even with the tools already available, one can safely expect to use windows 7 for free forever, if one wants to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It is actually hard to say but I know the activation servers are set to auto-blacklist keys automatically if it gets so many requests per hour on the same key. When it hit's that threshold it will blacklist. That is why it probably will blacklist. The leaked HP MAK did, why not this one too? That is how I look at it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #24 acyuta, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
    Request equals new activation request. AFAIK, MAK is one time activation in perpetuity unlike 180 days for KMS. For an existing activation backed up, what would be status. You said KB.. and SP1 may cause problems on existing activations. FYI, my brother in UK got a virus yesterday (Monday afternoon in UK) and had to build up his laptop again. His image backup also failed. Had to format, install vista from recovery, and then reinstall win 7. The key worked. I did tell him your advice: no WAT or SP1. If he wants that, he should make a backup pre-WAT and SP1.

It also worked for me on Sunday. I installed on a HDD and felt a reinstall better than migrating existing image. It worked for me then.

Read here that a version of SP1 without KB.. is in the works.

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I know it is a one time activation vs the KMS, all I am trying to say is that when 1000 ppl activate that same key at the same time then it will probably blacklist. That system is in place to prevent such leaks from going nuts in the first place lol.

6. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    So far, they have not, but who knows.

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I know but I remember as someone who personally used that HP leaked MAK key that it too did not disappear until the activations left almost hit 0.

8. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    If you hunt, you may find that it has been out for some months now on many non-english websites.

9. pontyboy77

pontyboy77 MDL Novice

May 7, 2008
    I just found a MAK key using Google so good luck

10. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    There are many MAK keys on google but very few work and if you have found one you are lucky. Check with VAMT 2.0 as to its status and remaining activations.

11. pontyboy77

pontyboy77 MDL Novice

May 7, 2008
    the last time i looked it had 6000 plus left

12. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    If you share it with one person you have shared it with everyone on the internet. Just keep it to yourself and the key won't get blocked. Also, the original owner won't get screwed over.

13. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #33 acyuta, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    This is 100% correct. Just as the internet is a network, so is the MAK key. Post it in a forum or share it with many and soon all activations completed or key leaked and then blocked.

Also to preserve your activation for future, make a system image of activated OS and also use PAYMYRENT method for activating on clean installs.

14. pontyboy77

pontyboy77 MDL Novice

May 7, 2008
    Yeah hi all, i do understand all that, i was just saying how easy it is to find them using Google

15. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Well, good for you and all of us.

16. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    If we get the Key free on internet .... Why don't we share it with others ? Don't be selfish !

17. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    6.340 activations left on that key. Strange that MS has not blocked it yet. But as always, there will be lots of people complaining about their Windows 7 Enterprise suddenly goes "non genuine". People think if their activate now, and it's genuine now, they always will stay genuine.
    But, as thousands of people discovered when MS blacklisted MSDN/Technet accounts some months ago, you're never safe using a non legit key. It's not legit if it's on the internet.

But use it when you can, and have a backup plan when the keys gets blocked. And not come here and complain over the non genuine situation.

18. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I do not know why but my desktop own build PC has no problems with the key, but my younger brother's Dell laptop of end-2007 (originally Vista) has problems in activating with that key.

19. tapalque

tapalque MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2009
    Can i have that key via PM?

20. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Read the thread, and you get a clue. Then you use Google to find it. It's very simple. Page 1 and 2 can be a hint...