Windows 7 RC and Updates ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by truckid, May 15, 2009.

1. truckid

truckid MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2009
    Hi,

I have read the posts on this forum and understand that Windows 7 RC will start timebombing from March 2010, which is fine for me. Im currently using XP, even though I bought a new laptop recently that came with Vista Premium, which is *&"%.

I like the fact that I can now move on from ancient XP and try Windows 7 for a number of months before I buy. However, what isnt clear is whether Windows 7 RC will be able to receieve all Windows updates until 2010 ? I don't mind running a RC OS as my main OS, but don't want to be in a position, when the inevitable security flaws are discovered, that windows update patches will not be applied to RC ?

Will all updates be applied, or just the critical ones ? Also does the recently leaked Windows 7 Build 7127 work the same way, i.e. it will timebomb in March, if so then I am better off installing the newer build ?

Thanks for any advice

2. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Hi truckid,

If MS stick to their Vista routine, you'll receive all updates till Windows 7 goes RTM. (Spet/Oct)
    Then you'll be limited to the critical and possibly the security updates.

Which ever release you use it will be time bombed and I doubt the timebomb date will change.